Pink Sheets

Friday, January 11, 2008

Jolynn on Being Green, A Pug Named Corky, and Growing Old Gracefully

I watched an episode of Oprah the other night on "How to Be Green". I thought I would get all of these great ideas on how I can do my part to save the environment. It turns out I already do a pretty good job. Recycling was the big thing. And we do that. A while back I read an article about how horrible water bottles are and I discontinued use of those. I haven't bought a pack of water bottles in months. One of the silly suggestions they made was to use one less napkin a day. I actually tried, but I don't have a clue if I'm succeeding. So, to offset my napkin use, I decided I would use my re-usable coffee filter instead of using the paper filters. Look at me. I'm so green!

I know you are all curious about what ever happened to the Pug, Corky, that belonged to my brother. Last time I wrote about the cute little puppy I was sharing custody of him with my sister. Um, yeah, that didn't work out. Because neither of us are small dog people, apparently. My sister and I made the joint decision to let him stay with my brother's step-daughter, who absolutely adored my brother and loved the dog. Basically, we let the dog go home. Our big concern is that the evil ex-wife would get her old, wrinkly hands on the dog, but the daughter no longer lives at home. So, it made sense.

Besides, the poor dog that had absolutely no rules with my brother had to put up with way too many rules when he was with my sister and me. "Stay off the furniture. No sleeping on the bed. No eating people food. You can't have fleas." That type of thing. I'm sure his current home is not as restricted.

And now on to how to grow old gracefully. Right! Like I know. Got to the Nuetrogena website if you want to know something like. Goof balls.

5 Comments:

  • My favorite rule is "You can't have fleas!"

    It's a rule I apply to my pets and friends alike.

    As for growing old gracefully, I think that playing like a child and using sunscreen will do it. At least that's where I'm putting my stock.

    By Blogger patri, at 9:15 AM, January 12, 2008  

  • I hope that more and more people will go green. We stopped using water bottles not long ago too once I read about the damages they were doing to our planet.

    By Blogger Deana, at 1:03 PM, January 13, 2008  

  • Glad you are doing your part for the environment! By the way Oprah is so overrated!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:41 PM, January 14, 2008  

  • Already old and not very graceful but hubby and I do our part being "green".

    Recycle everything we can and compost, compost, compost! :o)

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:13 PM, January 16, 2008  

  • Good for you on being green! You inspire me!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 5:25 PM, January 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home