Pink Sheets

Monday, January 07, 2008

I Think I Need Coffee-holics Anonymous

I had no idea how great my addiction to coffee was until this morning. I mean, I knew I needed the stuff to function, but I had no idea how awfully I functioned without it.

I woke up this morning and remembered I forgot to set the coffee to brew automatically. So I dragged my ass out of bed, went downstairs, where it wasn't as frigid as it usually is, and made the coffee. I went back upstairs and proceeded with my usual routine.

I went back downstairs, cleaned up a little, put some dishes in the dishwasher, got the kid's cereal ready for them, turned on the iron and went upstairs. Did some more hair drying and make up application. I was a little grouchy with Brian, forgot to do something downstairs, went back down, came back up. On the way back up I was wondering to myself why in the hell I was so agitated. It felt like I was beginning PMS week, but I'm not. I was literally thinking that I did not want to feel this way I was so annoyed.

So, then I got the kids up and went downstairs to iron my pants. While I was ironing I noticed several drops of coffee on the leg of my pants. I almost freaked out. I was so pissed, because they were stained and I couldn't believe I had coffee stains on my khaki pants and now I'm going to have to buy new f-ing pants and this must be the worse day of my life, when it hit me. I didn't have any coffee yet.

I finished ironing and poured myself a cup of coffee and it was pure pleasure. I can't tell you how much better I feel.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home