Pink Sheets

Sunday, January 06, 2008

In The Stars?

Years ago a friend of mine bought me some Tarot cards and a book for beginners. I used to use them ALL the time. They've been sitting in a closet the past 3 or 4 years (not the same closet, because we've moved during that time, but a closet). I brought them out today, just for fun. Because I've been thinking about my job lately and how it doesn't make me utterly happy to work there. And I just go and do my work. I'm like a zombie and nothing seems to be changing. So I asked the cards if I should pursue other opportunities and here's what they answered:

I did a three card spread which shows the past/basis of the matter, near future, and outcome.

Past/Basis of the Matter: I pulled the Knight of Pentacles and looked up Focus and Career. Focus is on travel, promotion, and real estate, but my heart will be on life and love. Career says, business may have been slow in the past, but things are going to take an upward swing and improve greatly.

Near Future: I pulled the Four of Swords and again looked up Focus and Career. Focus is on activity with emphasis on printed materials as well as money matters, self promotion and starting or renewing a business of your own. Career says that my work environment will be very unpleasant due to tension you can cut with a knife. This sounds promising.

Outcome: I pulled The Star. Focus is on faith, the future and what could be. Under Career it says I will be unhappy with the status of my work and will want things to change or improve.

Okay, this is all a little weird. I don't put my entire faith in Tarot cards by any means and in the past it's all been done for fun, but I think it might be a sign. I just don't know of what exactly. I will keep you informed.

Disclaimer: I don't hate my job or the people I work for or with. I've just been uneasy. And I have a lot of work left to do in my position that I want to accomplish. Every now and then I just go through a thing. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe because I'm over 30 and I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I don't know.

Also, in the book, I found an old note Brian wrote to me a long time ago. And it's sweet. He's not home right now and it makes me miss him. Gosh!

2 Comments:

  • Change is in the air, it's everywhere! Must be politics... {grin}

    Barack's talking about change and I'd been thinking about changing my blog for a long time but have been apprehensive of new blogger for fear I would lose everything.

    Well, it's a done deal and wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated.

    Follow your instincts on change. Whatever you decide, will be right for you.

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:37 PM, January 06, 2008  

  • I use tarot often, like every couple of weeks. It isn't that I believe it will tell me the future, it just gives me perspective on the right now.

    It calms me. Like coffee calms you apparently.

    By Blogger patri, at 11:16 AM, January 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home