Pink Sheets

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Joint Custody and Snuggles

Well, I won't be able to keep the cute little Pug, Corky, permanently. My sister and I have devised a plan to share him. She has someone who can care for him during the week days while everyone is at work and I'm going to have him on the weekends. For now. That makes me happy.

Last night, while I lay in bed, waiting to fall asleep, I was thinking how when Brian and I, and most likely any couple, first were together we would sleep completely entwined. To the point of uncomfortable. And now we sleep apart but are legs and feet are still wrapped around each other. We still cuddle every once in awhile, but once it's time to fall asleep we turn over and instantly our feet take over the snuggles. I like it.

The turning over when it's time to sleep reminds me a few months ago we decided to switch sides of the bed to see if we could sleep. We slept, but it wasn't the best sleep. I've decided it's okay to sleep back to back because when we switched sides we slept facing each other. That means we were breathing on each other all night long. I didn't like that. We decided to keep our own sides from now on. Until, of course, we decide it's a good idea to try and switch again.

Now that you know all of our sleeping habits I will go back to work. Have a great week.

4 Comments:

  • too funny! we did the same "experiment" not too long ago and had the same results. I used to feel bad b/c our backs are to eachother, but hey it's most comfortable, so nothing wrong there. And no stinky breath in your face if you wake up suddenly and your partner is still fast asleep.

    glad you'll be able to spend time w/ the dog for part of the week. that'll be fun for everyone :)

    By Blogger Kate, at 9:51 AM, December 11, 2007  

  • *giggle*

    By Blogger Karen, at 1:50 PM, December 12, 2007  

  • hugs
    i'm sure corky would rather be with you too

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 11:53 AM, December 14, 2007  

  • That is so sweet that your feet cuddle! I'm old, so I pick the side of the bed closest to the bathroom!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:54 AM, December 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home