Pink Sheets

Monday, November 05, 2007

Eagles Soar Past Falcons

That was the headline for the game I attended on Friday night with the kids. They had so much fun and it was a great game. Especially since we were cheering for the Eagles. They go on to play Lake City this Friday. I think Lake City is the team who won State last year so this will be a tough game for the Eagles. Riley really wants to go to that game but...it's not my weekend. It would be great if they won on Friday, because I would definitely take the kids to see the championship game.

Jillian's head wound is still horrible. She split it open AGAIN yesterday afternoon on her little rocking horse. It's just awful. And she holds such a grudge. If you even ask to look at her forehead she tells us no and then refuses to even look at us for hours.

Speaking of little Jillian I took her with me to the store the other evening to look at shoes. I decided not to put her in a cart because she was being a good girl. Anyway, I was looking at some shoes and saw her round the corner out of the corner of my eye. I put the shoe down, went around the corner only to find nothing. She wasn't there. I started to feel a little bit panicked, but she was just here. She couldn't have gone far. I walked up down a few aisles, went back to the shoes, walked up and down some more aisles. Started to panic a bit more, only comforted by the assurance that if anyone were to pick her up, she would scream bloody murder. I was about to make another round when I hear a little voice behind me saying, "I hide! I hide!" She was so proud of herself. I then put her in a cart.

What else is going on? It seems that I was so busy this weekend and yet I don't remember what I was going to say. My friend's daughter is leaving for boot camp in a couple of weeks. I want to get her something, but I'm not sure what she would like. I don't want to ask my friend because I want her to be surprised by the gift as well. So what would you get a 23 year old girl going into the Navy? I just don't know!

4 Comments:

  • Little stinker! I can imagine your heart sinking, thinking she was missing :(

    As for the gift . . . . hmmm . . . . homemade goodies, calling cards, maybe a little scrapbook of family photos to keep nearby. they also make cute pink swiss army knives for girls that are pretty neat. not sure how much they can take w/ them.

    By Blogger Kate, at 11:27 AM, November 05, 2007  

  • Poor little Jillian! She sounds very cheeky!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 PM, November 05, 2007  

  • Get her condoms. She's a girl. Going into the Navy. She needs condoms and the pill.

    No really. A calling card is a good idea. So is stationary and a pen. Ask your boyfriend type. He did boot camp.

    And, your daughter is going to do one of two things when she gets bigger--change the world for a better place or become an arsonist and a thief. I approve of either.

    By Blogger patri, at 8:06 AM, November 06, 2007  

  • Ooof , that shopping story is just too cute...in the glad-it-didn't-happen-to-me kind of way :)

    By Blogger Jay, at 6:33 PM, November 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home