Pink Sheets

Monday, October 08, 2007

Okay, I'm still in my disappointed phase about my job and wondering if I'm jumping to conclusions and if so what should I do and if not what should I do? I just don't know! Regardless, I was very busy this weekend and unable to think about work at all. Which was very nice. I even took a half day on Friday with Brian and Jillian and we went shopping and bought some wine.

Speaking of wine I've been attempting to try new ones, but everything I pick out tends to be crap or contain very little alcohol, which is sort of a wine requirement in our house. Anyway, if you have a favorite leave a comment. I like white wines, but nothing too sweet. I'm willing to try red as long it's not nasty. You get what I mean. I'm not very picky, I swear.

What else? Riley and Darby's team lost their games and Jordan's team won. However, Darby made the only goal on her team. And I went to the game, and sat on the sidelines from beginning to end without getting up or barely moving. Do you think I saw her score a goal? No. I didn't even know that she scored a point until Brian asked her about the game the next day. That's right, the next day!

I have had this major urge to go shopping. I don't know why, but I do. I want to shop and spend and accumulate lots of clothes and shoes and every time I go to the store I think I have to buy the baby or Darby something. I don't know why. I don't think they have enough clothes. They need more, I'm certain of it. Besides the kid who has the most clothes in the house is the one who would probably be more than happy to wear the same shirt and pants every day if he had to. That would be Jordan.

He only has more clothes because his school requires a uniform so he has school clothes and play clothes. And most of his play clothes used to belong to Riley. But their still good clothes. We don't let him wear yucky run down clothes with holes in them or anything. Okay, I'm going on and on about this and it's ridiculous. I just feel like my girls should have some variety, especially since the boys could care less. A girl needs options.

Okay, I won't ramble on anymore. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Oh yes, and Boise State Broncos won-again! Woo hoo. 58-0. Does anyone know anything about the Denver Broncos? I need to be updated so I can have a conversation with Riley that interests him and I forgot to look up any of this stuff up. I didn't pay any attention to football this weekend. I just wasn't in the mood. Anyway, let me know any football news you might have. Thanks!

5 Comments:

  • Good whites: RK Kesselstat Riesling. It is on the sweeter side, but not sweet by any stretch of the imagination. Really good white. Makes me happy.

    Luna Pinot Grigio. Drier, but really smooth and crisp. Luna makes good wine. They also make a Sangiovese (Red) that is really nice. A bigger red--Sangiovese is related to Chianti--but so good.

    Umm... Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc. Good New Zealand wine. Also, in the Sauv Blanc family--the Firestone Sauvignon Blanc. Both are great whites, go well with grilled avocados (grill some avocados, brush them with balsamic vinegar and the sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese. my fav. way to eat avocados and drink whites.)

    Good reds: I mentioned the Luna Sangiovese. It's bigger, like I said.

    Nice drinkable red, the Folie A Duex Menage A Trois red table wine is really good. It's a blend of three reds (hence the name) and quite nice.

    My favorite Cabernet Sauvignon--the Coppola Black Label Claret. It's pretty good.

    And, let's see. A nice Pinot Noir......Probably the Coppola Silver Label Pinot Noir. It's a great, drinkable wine.

    Most of these are available at the Boise Co-op and at Cost Plus World Market (there's one of those in Nampa now) and the Coppola wines are available at Albertson's mostly.

    Of course, these are all wines we serve at my highly glamorous job. I have other wines I like that I don't serve there, but I don't drink those as much, nor am I as familiar with them as I am with these, because of serving them all the time.

    If you want a taste of these, stop in some time. I work at 4 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so if you and Brian are still in the Big City Of Trees after work around that time, take a quick walk over to the restaurant and I'll give you a coupla tastes . . .

    But don't buy them there. It's too expensive to buy wine at a restaurant.

    Hell, maybe I'll just buy you a bottle and drop it off this weekend. If you don't like it, it doesn't really matter because you didn't pay for it.

    Alright. I'm done. For reals.

    By Blogger patri, at 2:15 AM, October 09, 2007  

  • OMG! You are out of control! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:24 AM, October 09, 2007  

  • I'm not much of a red wine drinker, but I do like Yellowtail Shiraz.

    By Blogger KatiaSul, at 12:10 PM, October 09, 2007  

  • I like sweet wines, so I don't think I'd be able to help very much in that dept.

    About your job, that so sucks, but you know? Maybe you could look outside the company for something you'd like better...?

    By Blogger Sandi, at 2:25 PM, October 09, 2007  

  • Zifandel....

    Course I'm cheap so to me, it's pretty good wine. Just about any winery that makes it is good for me.

    I don't know much about the Broncos but I do know about college.

    Boise State? They still have a football program?? :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home