Pink Sheets

Monday, October 01, 2007

And The Drama Continues

Because now Darby and her friend Tayler are no longer friends. And it's a huge drama and stressful for Darby. Because Darby is the girl who was best friends with the popular girl. And now they aren't. So Tayler has a lot of friends and Darby has one friend. But, I'm glad she has the one friend, because she lives near us and she's also on Darby's soccer team. And she isn't friends with Tayler. These are all favorable for Darby.

I asked why they weren't friends anymore and Darby told me that Tayler isn't nice and is always bossing her around. Which was apparent the last time that Tayler came over. I'm glad Darby has decided she doesn't want to be treated that way. I'm under the impression that Darby put her foot down about the bossing issue and that didn't go over well with Tayler. She told me that Tayler has a million people come up to her at school to tell her Tayler wants to talk to her and she tells them that she doesn't want to play with Tayler anymore. She says that Tayler starts to cry and that everyone gets mad at Darby for making Tayler cry. Darby told me she thought Tayler cries on purpose so that the other girls won't play with Darby.

Regardless, Darby doesn't care. She likes playing with her new friend who doesn't boss her. It still makes me nervous. I hope she doesn't start to hate going to school. I hope she has good days. I hope she's okay. Girls are mean.

In other news, Brian and I are going on a no beer diet. Blah. I hate these diets, however I'm turning into a heffer from all the summer time beer drinking. Besides, the kids are in sports and I'm busy so not drinking beer should be easy.

Jillian is officially a big girl. We went shopping and she picked out her big girl bed and bedding and she is so proud. She did such a good job. She spent the better part of the afternoon playing on her new bed and arranging her stuffed animals and blankets to make every thing just right. She slept there all night without getting up. Except now she comes into our room when our alarm goes off, which isn't great, but she's so cute. I can't be annoyed.

Hope everyone has a great week.

5 Comments:

  • Good for Darby. Girls are mean, but learning to stand up for yourself is important, and it sounds like she did it.

    By Blogger Jay, at 2:01 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • But what about wine?

    No, really. Good for Darby. And Tayler probably is crying on purpose.

    By Blogger patri, at 3:43 PM, October 01, 2007  

  • Oh yes, girls can be so mean. Kudos to Darby for standing up for herself.

    hmmmm, beer, now that's a whole different story.

    {grin}

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:09 PM, October 02, 2007  

  • A no beer diet? Girl, are ya crazy??? How are you going to survive??

    Hope things turn around for Darby. Give it a couple of days and everyone will forget about all that drama...

    But you're right...it's good that Darby demands to be treated better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM, October 03, 2007  

  • No Beer! I guess we should get prepared for some really nasty posts!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:16 AM, October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home