Pink Sheets

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Disappointment and Karmic Destiny

I don't believe I'm a bad person. I know I'm flawed. I can be spiteful at times and I often unload on my friends about people I don't like. But I try to keep my karma balanced. I don't necessarily want exceptional karma, I don't expect great things to happen. But I also don't expect bad things to happen. And it seems like, lately, in regards to work, bad things are happening.

Changes are occurring, which is fine. I am adaptable. I can deal with change. I can even deal with change that isn't all that great. I was hoping the changes that were occurring were going to be good for me and my job and work life in general, it just didn't turn out exactly as I hoped or anticipated. I had disappointing news, which I took very well, I might add. I had come to terms with the fact that things weren't happening because it wasn't right for me. It wasn't my time, I wasn't ready and when I am, something different will come up. Something more suited for me.

But things aren't falling into place like everyone believed. It seems people have agendas and secrets and there's an uncomfortable feeling in this department that I don't like. It's also becoming clear that someone I'm not particularly fond of is coming back to work here. And it makes me a little sick. I was happy when she left the department and when she left the company I was relieved. And when she ended up moving 20 miles away from me instead of 2, I thought it was for the best. Because she wasn't and isn't a nice friend to me. And it seems like things are falling into place for her return. And I have to wonder what horrible thing I did to deserve this type of karmic destiny.

And maybe I'm taking this too personally, because it's a work thing, it isn't personal, but it so is. And I'm upset. And all I can do is wait it out and see what happens and then decide what I'm going to do from there.

4 Comments:

  • You need a Killians!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:27 PM, October 04, 2007  

  • :: hugs :: I think you're a mighty fine person ...

    Chelle

    By Blogger Chelle / Chel, at 8:25 AM, October 05, 2007  

  • People have recently accused me of kicking homeless people in a past life because I too seem to have a lot of bad karma coming round.
    But I swear I'm a pretty good person. Do we deserve what we get?

    Nope. But you're a strong woman, and getting stronger, and better days do lie ahead. And if you ever feel like having a more in-depth conversation, you know where to find me.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:51 PM, October 05, 2007  

  • Listen, it's all gonna work out! it's a puzzle and yo cant see it now but it will come together...like a pizza pie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM, October 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home