Pink Sheets

Monday, October 22, 2007

My News

Life Section

I'm getting ready for the holiday season. Right now I'm excited, by the end I'm usually burned out. A little. Just tired. I don't get depressed or anything. What is that called? Something about being blue? Well, that's definitely not what happens.

Anyway, I found a notebook and I'm writing every thing down beginning with Halloween. I'm writing out my menus, the decoration list, the grocery list, what we're going to do. Every thing. I am going to be ready. Because the next couple of months don't just include three holidays (four if you count Christmas Eve), but they also have two birthdays thrown in. And I am not slacking this year. Nope. This year is going to be smooth sailing and fun. And festive. I won't burn out. I won't. I will be prepared.

That was my little pep talk to myself. Seriously, I can do it. It's going to be so busy. Plus, this year we've decided to skip Christmas with the family and go to the cabin. Just Brian and me and the kids. No one else. Which means I'll have to make plans for a Christmas party of some kind in order to fit in the rest of the family. Because even though we're opting out on Christmas day the grandparents are still going to want to do something with the kids.

Sports Section

I went to Riley's last game on Saturday. His team won and his coach let them keep one of the jerseys. He was so happy. He didn't play very much, but it doesn't really matter to him. He loves football.

Brian went to Darby's game and apparently the other team was a bunch of pansies. He made up the name the Pink Pansies (not to their face), because they were called the Pink Panthers. Anyway, Darby kicked some butt. She scored 5 out of the 11 goals. And I missed it. I told her to score a goal, but I had no idea she would do so well.

Jordan's team didn't win. Which means that was they're last game and they won't go to the playoffs, but I think he really liked football. He keeps saying he wants to try soccer. Brian just doesn't know. They get two sports a year and Brian doesn't want to keep him out of baseball because he seems to have a real knack for baseball and he likes football so much... I just don't know.

Oh yes, and BSU won. Again. That makes me very happy. Another happy moment involving Broncos-Denver beating Pittsburg. Hee hee. Normally I would be happy if the Steelers won, but not against the Broncos. I now have a team to watch and they have been it, so I'll be loyal to them. Brian's family are big Steelers fans, so I'm sure his brother was pretty disappointed last night. But it was a good game. Steelers really played well. Hee hee.

3 Comments:

  • I actually hate soccer but my daughter plays and she just loves it.

    I just don't understand the game.

    Oh yeah....I watched some of the BSU game and believe it or not, I was actually pulling for them :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM, October 22, 2007  

  • You've energized me to get organized this year for the upcoming holiday season...

    THANKS!

    By Blogger Karen, at 4:29 PM, October 22, 2007  

  • A year in soccer would actually be good for a next year of football. Running, control and dodging others! And by the way, I'm impressed at your "take no prisoners" approach to the holidays! I bet NONE of those holidays fall through the cracks! Wish I had a million to hire you to take care of my home celebrations!!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:40 AM, October 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home