Pink Sheets

Friday, March 09, 2007

Is It Just Me? Am I The Weirdo?

Tomorrow is a big day for Riley. He's trying out for baseball. Which all the kids do and all the kids are placed on a team, but he is still nervous. He said. A little.

The weather has been improving. The sun has actually been making an appearance. It love it. I can't wait until it's officially spring.

Next week our department is having a potluck. I love department potlucks. I just don't know what the heck to bring. Any ideas?

I am so ready for this work week to be over. It's taken quite the toll on my good mood. Ugh.

The other night I took out my contacts, put on my glasses, turned on the TV and got into bed. The covers and pillows were all piled up around Brian's side as they usually are every single night. Because that's how he sleeps. I'm watching CSI: New York, which I never usually watch, it just looked good that night. Brian is being quiet, I admit that, but nothing I found too unusual. I'm watching. The show is getting intense and I'm paying very close attention. Then I heard a noise. Like a whisper, but I can't be sure. I ignore it and continue watching. Again, but louder. I'm thinking, "what the hell? Was that on TV? It doesn't make any sense that it's on TV." I literally thought there were ghosts in my room. I continued to ignore it, because that would be CRAZY. And then, in the corner of my eye, I see a figure in the corner. Crouched in the corner to be exact. And he had been sitting there precisely 7 minutes. Crouched in the corner. Whispering "Jo-Jo". Brian...

Then of course he was all offended that I hadn't noticed him in the corner and I didn't notice he wasn't in bed. Whatever, he scared the heck out of me.

The glasses are fairly new. I haven't worn glasses in years because I didn't want to pay for them. They are way more expensive than I imagined. Even with insurance. And at first I didn't like them much, but now, I think they're sort of cute.

Have a great weekend.

4 Comments:

  • Ditched my contacts years ago because they were driving me nuts with the dry eye thingy. Just wear glasses now; it feels much better!

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:58 PM, March 10, 2007  

  • that sounds like something my hubby would do!

    i want to see a pic of the glasses!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM, March 11, 2007  

  • I rarely wear my contacts anymore. I'm always in my glasses and even though I don't like glasses, I can't bring myself to put things in my eyes on a regular basis. :(

    I think you'll look cute in your glasses. And yes, we need to see a photo!

    By Blogger cat, at 6:54 AM, March 12, 2007  

  • Well...you might get a picture. However, it will have to wait due to the huge pimple on my cheek. Seriously. It's gigantic.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8:35 AM, March 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home