Pink Sheets

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Parm Bagel, Please

About nine o'clock every morning, Monday through Friday, I say these words. Well sometimes I don't even have to say anything. The cook/chef in the cafeteria sees me and just starts toasting my paremesan bagel. I have had a parmesan bagel, every morning, with very few exceptions for the last two years. Even before the current cook/chef started working. Which means, he thinks that's the only thing I order. And sometimes I go in and think maybe, just maybe I might buy some delicious hashbrowns and smother them in ketchup and salt and pepper. And the next thing I know, my bagel is ready. Before I even order.

And if I were to order something else, it would be this big spectacle. I can imagine it now. The cook/chef proclaiming, "WHAT? No bagel today? What's going on with you? Are you not feeling well?" Or something to that effect. And saying it loudly enough that other people would look and stare. And soon people would be stopping by cube saying, "so, I hear you didn't order a bagel today. Why not?" And I would have to go into a big long story about how wonderful the hashbrowns looked. And most days, I'm not in the mood for such a fuss. So, no matter how good the other food looks, I simply say, "Parmesan bagel please. And yes, I take it with butter."

8 Comments:

  • I have no qualms with bagels, but the thought of ketchup in the morning makes me queasy. This is a major point of contention in my marriage.

    By Blogger Jay, at 1:52 PM, February 28, 2007  

  • So a corporate email would go out...

    SUBJECT: Joylnn Changes Things Up

    Goodness... good choice for the morning though! Sounds yummy. I get hounded about my little cup of yogurt I pull out. Every day. Same flavor. NEVER changes. Vanilla. At 10am. :)

    By Blogger and rudeness, at 4:09 PM, February 28, 2007  

  • I think its time you mix it up a little just to see:-}

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM, March 01, 2007  

  • Jay: What is wrong with ketchup in the morning? I have a few issues with salsa in the morning, so I suppose I understand. A little.

    Ryan: That is exactly what would happen! I kid you not, this is how the office worker stays sane. By making fun of other office workers.

    Steve: I may mix it up. Maybe I'll wait and see if they get some new people working there. Then they won't have any idea.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:43 AM, March 01, 2007  

  • You can't change your order now. What if you find out you like hashbrowns MORE..and then you start looking at Brian...and the KIDS...wondering if you should change them too! Better keep that bagel!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 6:27 PM, March 01, 2007  

  • i like parmasean,and i like bagels, but what is a parm bagel?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM, March 01, 2007  

  • I have never had a parmesan bageL!!! I love bagels! NY ones are the best!! My fave is when everything not wait the onion ones...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 AM, March 02, 2007  

  • Envoyette: I have kept with my same order. I just can't bring myself to change it! What is wrong with me?

    Serendipity: You silly girl. Parm bagel is short for parmesan. You know it's just so difficult to say parmesan each day. I've shortened it a bit.

    Mrs.Mogul: You've made me hungry for a bagel. Because the ones I buy aren't warm. They're toasted and it's not the same as the fresh warm bagel you get at the bagel shops. Yum!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 3:23 PM, March 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home