Pink Sheets

Monday, February 12, 2007

My Greek Food Experience and Other Stuff

Okay, my experience with Greek wasn't nearly as traumatizing as the Thai incident. We ordered the sampler platter of appetizers and I liked most every thing. Especially the calamari, but I love calamari so that doesn't count as "trying something new". So, the "new" things I did try and enjoyed were the falafel, the cucumber yogurt sauce, and the hummus wasn't as bad as I remember it being. And of course the pita bread is always delicious. Because it's a bread. Yum!!! All in all it was a pleasant experience. And they did have martini's, however seeing as to how the bar didn't open until 4, I settled for a Sam Adams Winter Ale. Oh and Lass, I decided against trying the eggplant stuff. I know, I know, I should at least try it, but no one else seemed to big on it either. I figure, why ruin a good thing.

This weekend the kids wrote out all their Valentine's cards for their classes. They are so funny. Darby wanted girl Valentine cards and boy Valentine cards. She used Barbie and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Riley was indifferent about the whole thing. He used whatever I bought him and just went down his list and wrote them out. As quickly as possible. He didn't give a second thought to who received what. Jordan was more aware of which Valentines he gave to his classmates, however, he still gave whatever Valentine came next. Regardless of who it was for. And then Darby started to help him and thought it was funny to give some of the boys in his class the Barbie valentines. Which is a little funny, and Jordan thought it was silly and embarrassing at the same time. Because he didn't stop her. Weirdos.

Other than that the weekend was pretty tame. We watched a scary movie, Pulse, on Saturday. Which so wasn't scary. And I'm easily scared. It was so lame! Don't watch it.

2 Comments:

  • Oooh! I love falafel! It's good stuff. And so is the tsatziki. I never believe anyone when they say 'oh, it doesn't taste like egglplant' or some other food I don't like. Sorry, don't care how you cook it, I'm probably not going to eat it. So I don't blame you at all!

    That's funny about the Valentines. I need to help my kids do theirs. Thanks for reminding me.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:54 PM, February 12, 2007  

  • OMG! Forgot about Valentines Day! Yikes!!

    Thx for the reminder!!! :+)

    By Blogger Karen, at 5:18 PM, February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home