Pink Sheets

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

File Fairy

At work I’m not “in charge” of any of the filing cabinets. Because if I were, maintenance would not take place. They would not be emptied or updated or sorted in any way. They would sit there. In fact, I was in charge of a filing cabinet and when we moved I lost it. Literally. I have no idea where it is.

Other people in the department are stuck with the task of file upkeep. It’s not a pretty task and it isn’t an easy task, but it does need to be done. At least occasionally. So when I went to file some papers and found that for the past three months my files hadn’t been updated, I was a little distraught. Whatever am I to do? I go over to the girl (and yes, I can call her a girl because she is younger than me and she is my friend) who usually updates my files. “Those files for my journal entries haven’t been updated. There aren’t any new files for the last couple of months.”

“So make some new ones,” she says matter of factly.

“Well, here’s the thing. Usually I go home at night and a little file fairy comes in and makes all of the files. Then, when I return I have new files to put my papers in. I like it that way.”

“Well, your file fairy is a little busy lately. Make some new files.”

Point taken, but still, the files aren’t made. And I honestly doubt they will be made any time soon. Because I’m lazy and I don’t even know where the blank files are kept. I really need my file fairy to return.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home