Pink Sheets

Saturday, January 06, 2007

All Alone Saturday

Except for the baby and, while she most definitely counts, she's asleep. So I am essentially alone, playing games on the computer while I should be showering. Because the baby is asleep still, miraculously, and I should be taking the opportunity to shower. Instead I am on the computer writing this. She could wake up any minute and I'm wasting my precious alone minutes doing this. Now I'll have to wait for her nap. Which who knows when she'll take that. Especially since it's already 8 am and she still isn't awake. This is normally about the time she takes her first nap.

However, she so graciously woke up at 1:30 am and wanted part of a bottle. I don't know why. Maybe she's having a growth spurt, but as long as it's a weekend I don't mind the interrupted sleep. Because she has slept in, which means I was able to sleep in and read the paper and have my coffee and mess around on the Internet. Undisturbed by any sort of whining or grabbing of the keyboard and mouse or the sound of something crashing to the floor.

She's not that bad. Really. She's so stinking cute. She is learning the parts of her body right now and she has feet down, because her feet stink and she finds that funny. Plus, she's a big fan of new shoes and likes to show us her shoes. Yes, already. So we ask her, "where's Jillian's nose"and she sticks her finger completely up her nose. It's so gross and cute at the same time. We taught her eye yesterday and I thought she was going to pop her eye right out of her head. She kept pushing her finger into her eye so hard it started to water. I don't know why she's such a goof ball. But I adore her.

Well, maybe I'll go take a quick shower before my little monster wakes up. Hope you have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

  • LOL I remember those days. Sick as it is, a part of me misses them ... LOL

    Chelle

    By Blogger Chelle / Chel, at 2:07 PM, January 06, 2007  

  • Oh yes, I remember the eyeball poking days... oh wait, I am still in them.

    Gross and cute all at the same time... I've never heard THAT before. **rolls eyes** Hehee. However, that phrase also applies to my husband! :)

    Glad you got some YOU time... its wonderful when it happens huh?!

    By Blogger and rudeness, at 12:38 PM, January 07, 2007  

  • No question she is a cutie!!

    By Blogger truckdriver_sefl, at 6:19 AM, January 08, 2007  

  • Treasure those times...they keep you sane when those adoable babies grow up and get into mischief...LOL.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 10:22 AM, January 08, 2007  

  • oh, Boise State! when you mentioned Broncos a couple posts back, i thought you meant, Denver Broncos.

    that was an awesome game, talk of the town for a long time!

    i'm a huge sports fan and will be watching the BCS title game tonight between Ohio State and Florida.

    gooooooooooooo Ohio State!!!

    By Blogger Karen, at 2:25 PM, January 08, 2007  

  • Awww, she sounds adorable! I kinda miss those cute baby moments. But not quite enough to go for #3... :)

    By Blogger Monique, at 9:09 PM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home