Pink Sheets

Friday, January 06, 2006

Tonight

Tonight I'm having a girls' night with the usual girls. I'm excited. Tonight is going to be somewhere in between this night and this night. The first night was a semi-crazy night with lots of alcohol consumption, resulting in my sorry ass getting sick. The second night I was pregnant and while I had fun going out with the girls, it was pretty mellow. Tonight, I'm going to meet the girls for dinner downtown, have a few drinks, and head home. Nothing too wild for me. Yet. Maybe when the baby is a little older I'll go out to the bars. Also, I want to be a tad bit thinner for that. There's nothing worse than having to buy your own drinks. What a waste.

Good news, the baby slept 7 hours last night. I'm not sure if it was just a fluke or if it's going to continue, but I'm certainly happy enough. I haven't had that much sleep since, well, November 15th. It's funny though, when I got out of bed my legs felt weak. I guess they aren't used to laying down for that long.

This week has been good. I have worked out 3 days so far and I plan on working out today. I'm very proud of myself. Brian and I are going to weigh ourselves every week to see if we make any progress to dropping some weight. He cheated and weighed himself this morning. That was not a very good decision on his part. He wasn't happy with what he saw. He should have waited.

Alright, since I don't have much to say this week you should all go visit Marguerite's blog. She is so hilarious, especially the post about "the accident". I might just think that one is especially funny, because I'm horrible and I think stories about people hurting themselves is funny. Like the time that Brian walked into the sliding door, even though we have sun catchers on the door to prevent such things. Or the time when I burned his ass with the hair dryer. That was awesome. I was laughing so hard I didn't even notice when he punched me in the arm. Anyway, she just started posting again and everything she writes is great. It's worth the mouse click.

15 Comments:

  • Do I even want to know how you burned him? I burned my daughter's cheek with the hair dryer. I was blow drying her hair and the end of the blow dryer touched her cheek. She had these vertical lines going across her face where those metal bars on the end touched it! And it was a darn Mary Kate and Ashley hairdryer of all things!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 AM, January 06, 2006  

  • I updated the Monk-ish post. You can now see why I'm worth the snicker! Go girl...working out! Good for you!!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:51 AM, January 06, 2006  

  • Well, it's quite innocent actually. I was standing there blow drying my hair minding my own business when Brian walked out of the shower, dried off and then was standing in front of the mirror, getting ready for whatever. As I stand there drying my hair I thought to myself, "I wonder what would happen if I held the blow dryer up to Brian's butt?" So, I decided to try it. Apparently it really hurts because I only held it up for a few seconds before he turned around, yelled in agony, and punched me in the arm. I don't think that it left any marks, but I didn't get a good look. My arm sure hurt though. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

    Mary Kate and Ashley have a hair dryer? That's too bad it burned your daughter. I don't think that's funny.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 11:55 AM, January 06, 2006  

  • The other day I mentioned to Brian's parents how he told me, before Jillian was born, that if she had red hair he would hate me. They chastised him a bit for being so mean and why in the world would he hate me. Then I mentioned how he actually said he would hate me and the baby both. I don't remember how the subject came up, but a few days later he told me that I shouldn't tell people things like that because they don't understand us. I'm wondering if the hair dryer story is one of those things I shouldn't tell people. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:19 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • Well I laughed at the hair dryer story. Sounds like you have a fun, relaxed relationship. And we know he wouldnt and couldnt hate you or the baby because of the hair color...
    Have fun tonight!
    Your legs are weak from working out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • Thanks, I hope to have fun. I guess the weakness could be from working out. Hmmm.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:23 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • I remember the first time my daughter slept 6 hours. I didn't sleep a wink because I just KNEW she was about to wake up any second, and she didn't!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • I know isn't that funny. Brian woke me up at 3:00 am frantic that the baby hadn't woken up. I had to turn up the monitor so we could hear her breathe.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:54 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • I hardly sleep now. Good thing I'm not having babies. ;)

    I think that is just hilarious that your burned his bum with the hair dryer. HAHAH! You are so funny.

    I hope you're having fun!!!!

    By Blogger cat, at 8:32 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • I hope the baby continues sleeping through :)

    Have a good time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • I remember the first time my duaghter slept through the night. It was the night after her first immunization shots. It scared me to death. I went running down the hall and threw open the door so fast that I woke her up! Such joy and dispair at the same time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 AM, January 09, 2006  

  • I went through Captain Stinky's baby book over the weekend, and he slept through the night during the first month. (Of course, cereal in the bottle helped.)

    By Blogger Beth, at 11:28 AM, January 09, 2006  

  • Queen you are just a lucky girl. How the heck did that happen? Jeez!

    Lass, Brian likes the blow dryer on him too, just not very close or anywhere near his bottom. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:24 PM, January 09, 2006  

  • Thanks for the plug - I'm honored! I'm very glad to know I'm not the only one who finds it kinda funny when other people have accidents (assuming they're not fatal or life-threatening). Maybe it comes from watching one to many Warner Brothers cartoons as kids? Cartoons these days seem to be less focused on laughing at the misfortunes of easily duped coyotes and rabbit hunters.

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 12:58 PM, January 17, 2006  

  • No problem, it really is hilarious. I think you might be right about the cartoon thing. They just aren't made like that any more.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:03 PM, January 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home