Pink Sheets

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Uncomfortable Silence

Silence. Except for Oprah who is interviewing Faith Hill.

Silence. Except for the sound of meatballs cooking and pasta boiling and the occasional child's voice or scream.

Silence. Except for sounds of slurping spaghetti and the gulps of water. Gross.

Silence. Except for the the kids constant chatter. Chatter, chatter, chatter. I think it might drive me insane.

Finally, silence. Except for the TV. Which is fine.

I go upstairs. Silence. Except for the buzz of the computer. Of course, the computer. I should have known.

Downstairs again. Silence. Except the baby is fussing and sometimes it's hard to get her to go to sleep. I don't mind. I don't want to go to bed yet. All the silence hurts my head and possibly my heart, just a little.

She's asleep. I go to bed. There isn't silence in my dreams. I can sleep peacefully. Until morning...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home