Pink Sheets

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

All Over

Christmas is over. I'm not disappointed like I am some years. You know, that let down that the holidays are over. I'm enjoying these last couple of days after Christmas. We took down our tree and our Christmas decorations and now the front room is clean again. It's nice to have the room back to normal.

This year we tried not to over do it with the Christmas presents to the kids. They each received a few presents from Santa and a few gifts from us. Unfortunately we couldn't control what the grandparents and aunts and uncles gave them. We still have too many toys. We did a major overhaul on the rooms. The entire army of GI Joe's has been discharged, the He-Man figures have been retired and a whole clique of Barbies all graduated to the garage. I can not believe how many toys they already had until we went through them again. It's amazing.

The big presents this year were a Millenium Falcon for Riley, a My Scene Barbie Limo (which she calls the Suburban because it is that big), and a Game Boy for Jordan. They are very happy little kids. I bought Brian a pair of sunglasses that he's wanted forever but could never justify the cost of paying that much for sunglasses and other odds and ends. He bought me a Holiday Barbie and the Peppermint Barbie, as well as several CD's and the Dukes of Hazard movie. I have not seen it yet and I can't wait. We were suppose to go for my birthday but never got around to going. Jillian also received a few items, but she wasn't so excited this Christmas. Maybe next year.

All in all we had a great day and I can't wait until next year.

4 Comments:

  • as excited as I am to put up my decorations, I am always happy and a little relieved when they come down. :) it's nice to have the space back. And I know that Annie will be happy to have her BED back where it belongs (silly tree is in her way!)

    can't wait for the photos. :)

    By Blogger cat, at 5:02 PM, December 28, 2005  

  • Oh please! Not more Christmas shopping already! Next year can WAIT, as far as I'm concerned!

    By Blogger Beth, at 5:45 PM, December 28, 2005  

  • Cat, is that why Annie had the horrible accident on Christmas? Because that tree was in her space? Not good.:)

    Queen, what the heck are you talking about? Shopping is fun! Okay, Christmas shopping has it's down side because of the crowds, but I'm sure you'll be all ready once next year rolls around.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:10 PM, December 28, 2005  

  • nah... Annie was sick and she panics when she's not feeling well and tends to run to the closest "comfort" spot... it just so happened that it was under the tree - cave like, you see. :) stupid dog (I say that was much love :))

    By Blogger cat, at 5:41 AM, December 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home