Pink Sheets

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Holiday Spirit

I think I'm finally getting my holiday high. That feeling you get about the holidays that makes you excited to spend time with your family, wrap an insane amount of presents and decorate the house. Oh and of course there's the shopping. However, Brian and I always disagree about the shopping. He seems to think that shopping is going out and finding what you need, buy it, and go home. How boring is that? Shopping is going to the mall and stopping at all your favorite shops to make sure you aren't missing out on any extraordinary deals and then going out to eat. Sure, you might end up spending more money than you thought you would, but it's worth it. Isn't it?

This is going to be mine and Brian's third Christmas together. I'm thinking it will probably be the best. Our first Christmas together was probably the worse Christmas in the history of bad Christmases (how the hell do you spell that?). Anyway, our first Christmas together we were still trying to adjust to living together with three kids and a dog that Brian hated. There was too much drinking, a fallen Christmas tree with broken ornaments, and a concussion, but I don't even want to get into that.

Our second Christmas together was much, much better. We actually didn't have any kids that Christmas, because they were with their other parents so Brian and I had our own Christmas. There was still too much drinking, but instead of the broken ornaments, there was fun sex and presents were opened early. On Christmas day we made prime rib, that actually turned out delicous even though I had never attempted to make prime rib before and I received a lot of presents. In fact, last year Brian bought me everything I asked for and more. That was also the year he tried to convince me that the only present he got me was a vacuum cleaner, which I told him repeatedly throughout the month of December that I would be super pissed if he bought me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. I told him I would return the stupid vacuum and then buy my own Christmas presents. Apparently he took this threat as a challenge and bought me the vacuum. He wrapped it up and put it under the tree. In fact it was the only gift under the tree that was for me. Iwas so mad when I opened that damn vacuum cleaner. I didn't even try to act happy about it. After he was satisfied with my reaction to that stupid vacuum he went to the garage and brought in my real gifts. It was just a good Christmas.

This Christmas has a lot to live up to, however, this year we have all the kids, a new baby girl who is so, so sweet and a dog we both love. I think this Christmas will be fabulous. Now we just need to put our tree up and get the presents down stairs and I'll feel more in the spirit. I might even make cookies. Stranger things have happened.

3 Comments:

  • Don't forget to leave carrots for the reindeer!

    By Blogger Beth, at 7:51 AM, December 07, 2005  

  • Carrots! I never left carrots. I better this year so I get extra good presents.

    The holidays are wonderful as long as you don't get caught up in the rush of trying to do to many things. Well, I guess I do that and I still love the holidays.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:36 AM, December 08, 2005  

  • Have a very Merry Christmas. New babies make it so special!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home