Pink Sheets

Monday, November 28, 2005

Post Pregnancy Stuff

Week two of staying home. It's been pretty nice so far. I rather enjoy staying home. More so than I thought I would. I believe I've mentioned before that staying home was rather boring and I didn't believe I would make a very good stay at home mom. Of course, it's only been two weeks. We'll see how I'm feeling about this stay at home thing at the end of six.

Right now it's been nice to be able to keep the house mostly clean and stay caught up on the laundry. It's nice to not be rushed in the morning while getting the kids ready and helping Brian get ready (because he needs help too, with coffee and lunch). Brian does complain that I don't have dinner ready when he gets home. In fact, I think he complains a little to much. Hello, I'm a girlfriend not a house keeper. If I ever do have dinner ready when he gets home it will be because I'm being sweet, not because it's expected of me. Okay, I don't really believe he expects that, he just probably thinks it would be nice. Maybe this week will be the week. I haven't decided yet. Besides, I never know exactly when he'll be getting home.

Post pregnancy really kind of sucks. I thought being pregnant was bad, but at least when I was pregnant I was mostly cute. Right now I'm like a bloated mass of flesh. I pretty much hate my body right now. My stomach is shrinking, but it's still yucky and flabby. And my butt is still huge and I still have about 20 pounds to shed to be my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I'm going to have to work out extra hard to firm up my muscles that are like jelly right now. It's sort of depressing. I was going to go on a walk today, but unfortunately one of my girls has a fever of 101 degrees. The older girl, not the baby. She's home today and will not be doing much of anything so walking outside is not an option. Poo!!!

Speaking of depression, I don't think I've experienced that post partum depression thing. I've been a little depressed at times, but not about the baby. When I hear people describe ppd they always say things like they don't feel connected to their baby and they don't want to hold their baby. In extreme cases they want to hurt their baby. I haven't experienced that all. Not even a little bit. I can't put that baby down. I have to hold her all the time. She makes a little peep and I rush to pick her up. (I'm not so bad anymore, I try to wait until she actually needs me.) Anyway, any depression I have experienced usually has to do with not being able to have sex and feeling like heifer. I'm a little more emotional than usual. I cry about things that I wouldn't usually cry over. Actually, I'm not much into crying at all. I never cry. Last week I watched Oprah and there was a story about a baby that had liver damage and needed a donor or she would die. That made me cry. Usually I would just think that was sad and probably turn to another show. No, not that day. That day the story made me cry. Damn Oprah!

Well, I guess I should go find something constructive to do with my day. I think I'm going to go through the Christmas stuff. I love going through the Christmas stuff.

2 Comments:

  • Um. On the pregnancy weight thingy? It's only been 2 weeks! You'll get your tummy back. Not to worry.

    My 'baby' is 6, and I can't watch crap like that either. I cry every week on Extreme Home Makeover Edition.

    By Blogger Beth, at 1:43 PM, November 28, 2005  

  • Crap, I don't want to be an emotional wreck for years and years!!!!! Argh!!!

    As for the house stuff, I should take it easier. I've been so exhausted because I've tried to keep myself so busy. But, I hate just sitting around when there is so much to be done. It's not fair. My body should just be healed. Damn it!!!

    As for the dinner thing. I'm pretty sure Brian has been kidding. Maybe it was part kidding part serious. Who knows, he's a goof. Besides, he has been very nice to me the past couple of weeks-you know because I'm overly emotional.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:48 AM, November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home