Pink Sheets

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving Break-Or Not

The last few days have been much to busy. I need a rest. We have been going nonstop since Thanksgiving.

For Thanksgiving we spent the day at Brian's parent's house. And I mean the entire day. I think we were there for 7 or 8 hours. I'm not sure. But, I enjoy going over there. It's completely stress free. You aren't required to do much but eat and drink. I barely even had a chance to hold Jillian. Someone would snatch her up the minute someone else would put her down. That's alright too. I love holding my little baby, but even I could use a break every now and again. I'm actually looking at her right now and she is so stinking cute. Her eyes are open, which is a rarity. She's so damn cute. But I digress. Sorry about that.

Friday, we went on our annual shopping trip. Yes, we are those crazy people who wake up at 3 am to be at the store at 5. We do not, however, fight people. Nothing is worth a fist fight. I guess that's not entirely true, but nothing we want is worth a fist fight. Anyway, we only went to a couple of stores because they were having amazing deals on Game Boys and Game Boy games that we couldn't pass up. After we finished shopping we went to breakfast and I had way too much caffeine. We picked up all the kids, went home, took a nap, and got ready to go to my mom's house.

My mom made another turkey dinner because all of us have so much to do on Thanksgiving day. This way it's ensured that no one is rushed and we can't necessarily leave early. I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyway, we packed up all the kids, which is now four, and headed over to my mom's. Do you know what we drove over in? Something new (to us) and something big (seats seven). That's right, we bought a new vehicle. We rode over in our new Suburban, which is so nice and so convenient for our rather large family. We kept our other cars for commuting, because the Suburban makes absolutely no sense gas wise, but size wise, it's perfect. It really is nice. It's the nicest car I've ever had in my drive way. In fact, it's the first car I've ever had with leather seats. I really like it. I want to drive it all the time. Again, I have strayed from the topic.

Saturday afternoon we had Jordan's birthday party. He turned 5 on Wednesday. We went bowling for his birthday and my mom made each of the kids bowling shirts. I will be posting pics of them in their shirts soon. They look so cute. I can't believe how well they turned out. They were really excited and the party at the bowling alley worked out extremely well. It was a lot of fun. This year the theme was Batman and I am amazed by the amount of Batman stuff he came home with. Brian's my mom went crazy. He has new underwear, shirts, pajamas, books, action figures, a Batmobile. Pretty much anything and everything you could find with Batman. We bought him several action figures, the movie, the Game Cube game, and the Batman series. It's a lot of Batman.

Guess what we're doing today? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I might clean the house because it's a disaster, but other than that, we're doing nothing. I'm going to enjoy it!!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and ate lots and lots of food.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home