Pink Sheets

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Things That Make Me Smile

I am in a rather sour mood this morning. No particular reason really, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, with little sleep. I have spent the entire morning reading blog after blog after blog. Basically wasting my time. I was reading one blog and there was a word in the first paragraph that literally made my skin crawl. Seriously, this one little word made me angry. It must be hormonal, but lately I've noticed that single words can make me irritable. I'm not exactly sure how to explain why words make me angry or how a word could possibly be irritating, but they do and they are. Let's just leave it at that.

I was going to make a list of all the words that piss me off, but decided I didn't want to go down that road. Instead, in honor of telling myself to stop being a neurotic insano and to get the f*ck over it I'm going to make a list of all the things that have made me smile in the last couple of weeks.

This little moment was overheard while the kids were sitting at the table eating pumpkin pie maybe? Well, who cares what they were eating.

Jordan: "What if your mom and my dad got married?

Riley: "Jordan, that is never going to happen."

Jordan: "I know, I'm just saying 'what if'."

I guess they figure if we haven't got married yet, we're never going to get married.

Riley has this most annoying habit of not listening and then making things up that you might have said. For instance, he asked if they could have pumpkin pie, I said in a minute. He responded with, "what, we don't get any pumpkin pie?" He does crap like that all the time and it pisses me off. On Friday at dinner with my family he was particularly bad about it.

Riley: "What we don't get any pumpkin pie?"

Me: "Riley, you know very well that is not even close to what I said to you. What the hell is wrong with you? Do you need your hearing checked?" (Remember, this is after several of these little conversations through out the night.)

Riley: "What?"

A couple days later Darby is reminiscing with Brian about that night's incident.

Darby: "Brian remember when Mommy asked Riley if he needed is hearing checked and Riley said 'what'?"

Brian: "I do remember that Darby. You almost lost your brother that night."

Another table conversation-which have proven to be the best ones. Somehow the word wiener came up. I'm not sure how.

Jordan: "A wiener is like a hotdog."

Darby: "Yep, it's also something boys have."

Brian: "Did she just say that?"

Me: "I'm thinking she did, yes."

Jordan: "No Darby, I'm talking about the wiener that's the same size as a hotdog."

Brian: "Your wiener isn't the same size as a hotdog."

Jordan: "Nooooo!!! I'm not talking about that wiener. I'm talking about the kind of wiener you put into buns."

Me: "Jordan, that is gross!!"

Jordan: "NOOOO!!!! I'm not talking about that. Just never mind!"

Another Thanksgiving conversation. I was pouring water into paper cups for the kids.

Me: "You guys need to be careful with these cups. Make sure you don't spill any water." I say this right as I knock one of the paper cups, filled with water, over.

Riley: "Like you just did?"

Me: "You aren't funny." (Okay, maybe he's a little funny.)

And one of my favorite things: I hear this every time Brian walks into a room where the baby is sleeping.

"Oh my God, you are sooo cute!"

This is a much better list than the one I originally had in my mind. I'm in a much better mood. Hope everyone is having a good day.









4 Comments:

  • I love this list! It even made ME happy!

    By Blogger Beth, at 1:13 PM, November 29, 2005  

  • Ewwww!!! Why do kids not want to wash their hands. We are always hounding our kids about that!!! That's hilarous!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:38 PM, November 29, 2005  

  • LOL, I read the beginning of this post wondering if it was MY blog you were talking about, then I realized, thankfully, that it was yesterday that you visited my blog and I'm only just now getting around to returning the favor.

    The rest of this post is hilarious. I can totally relate to some of those conversations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM, November 29, 2005  

  • Yay!! I'm so happy I could make you guys smile too.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:54 AM, November 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home