Pink Sheets

Monday, December 12, 2005

Stuff In My Head

-My tree is up and decorated, except for the tree topper. I'm getting a new one. At the moment I have a silver star, but I want a Santa or an Angel to top the tree this year. It's the best tree yet. The first year we had a purple tree, last year we had a blue and purple tree, this year we have a red tree and it turned out fantastic. It's the best tree we've had. I like the red. Maybe I'll do red for a couple of years. Or not.

-Last year I did tons of after Christmas shopping. I can not believe all the things I bought. I was thinking we were going to have to buy all sorts of things for Christmas this year. Thanks to my planning ahead, we have just about everything we need.

-Can you believe Christmas is only 2 weeks away?! Ugh!!!

-Brian hasn't done any Christmas shopping for me. Or so he says. He says he can't do anything without my list. I usually make all my lists weeks and weeks in advance. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I can't believe I don't have my list. I don't even want anything. I think that has to do with this emotional situation I'm dealing with. I might be a little depressed. For example, I went shopping the other day, and you know how I love to shop, I bought an outfit, drove home, got out of the car and started crying. I don't care what size you are, but it's hard to have to buy something two sizes larger than anything in your closet. I didn't even finish shopping.

-I was over the breakdown the next day. I took Jordan and Jillian Christmas shopping with me and we spent a lot of hours at the mall and even more money. It was quite a relief.

-Maybe I'll start making my Christmas list today.

-Brian and I went to a party for his division at work on Friday. It was a lot of fun, mainly because of the open bar and delicious food. Since he's so new he only knows a few people and since I don't work in the same division as him I don't know hardly anyone. We sort of kept to ourselves. However, at the moment we are quite the popular couple because we just had a baby. It's kind of nice that we have something to talk about, an ice breaker if you will. And the alcohol helps.

-As most of you know Brian and I aren't married. When we arrived at the party we strolled up to the desk with the name tags and much to my surprise my name tag said "Jolynn Thompson". It was odd and unnatural. I think the name tag thought so as well because it kept falling off the entire night. I couldn't keep that thing stuck to me to save my life. I found it sort of humorous though, I mean I've worked at this place for 3.5 years and they don't know my last name. How sad!

-On a more positive note, when we're introduced as a couple, there have been several comments on what a nice couple we are and how great we are together. Sure, they are referring to us looking good together because for all they know we could hate each other (which we don't), but it's nice to know you look good with someone. I have never had anyone tell me those things in past.

-This not sleeping at night has taken it's toll on my nerves. I wish it hasn't but I don't think I can do anything about it until I get a full night's sleep.

-Brian is leaving on his business trip today and won't be back until Wednesday. You remember I mentioned this trip before because it made me cry (what doesn't). Anyway, a few days ago he told me he wished he wasn't going because it seemed like more trouble than it was worth and plus he would miss me. I think he felt bad for making me upset. That's okay though because now I feel better.

1 Comments:

  • While most of Christmas tree decorations stay the same, we've been through quite a few angels. Can never seem to find the perfect one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 PM, December 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home