Pink Sheets

Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year

It's here. 2006. It doesn't feel much different. We didn't make it to midnight, we crashed about 11:30 or so. I was pretty certain we wouldn't make it. We were tired. It's hard waking up every morning at 2:00 and then again at 6:00. It can wear a person out and even worse, it can make people very, very cranky. Which could account for our grouchiness towards each other. Brian said that he can go without sleep and he could go without sex, but not both at the same time. That was easily remedied since we can't change the baby's sleeping habits yet.

On New Year's morning Brian woke up with Jillian for her 6:00 feeding and let me sleep in until around 8:00. He then woke me up in my favorite way--with kisses. It's very sweet actually, but if I didn't like him so much I might consider it annoying. But I don't mind that he pounces on me and smothers me with kisses all over my face all the while singing, "I'm waking you up with kisses, I'm waking you up with kisses."

He then proceeded to tell me all the things he had accomplished while I was sleeping. He fed the baby and played with her a bit, he did the dishes, he got the paper from outside and he took away all of my credit cards. All of them. My wallet now consists of a stinking library card, my pass to get into work, my driver's license, and the punch card to a bagel shop. WTF!!! Why did you take my credit cards. What the heck am I going to do? He has decided to put me on a budget. Now I have to open a checking account and he will give me a certain amount each week to deposit and spend at my convenience. Something about paying down our debt in order to purchase a new home in the future. All I hear is blah, blah, blah. I don't like this plan so far. Oh well.

Side note: The reason I don't have a checking account now, is because when I did have one I never balanced it. Which would have been fine except somehow it was always in the negative and Brian was always writing me checks. He made me swear not to do that anymore.

Other important news: Jillian has graduated to her crib. It's so nice not having her grunt and groan all night in our room. We sleep much more peacefully. Yes, we have to go much further to feed her, but it's worth it. I don't feel guilty at all. I thought I might, but I don't.

We watched part of Dukes of Hazard New Year's Eve. That movie totally and completely sucks. I'm so disappointed. I thought it might be cheesy, but even some cheesy movies are clever. Not this one. It was stupid! I'm so, so disappointed.

Alright that's all I have now. I'm going back to work tomorrow. Don't miss me too much if I don't write for a few days. Oh yes, go check out our pics. Happy New Year!

9 Comments:

  • Separate accounts work for Hubby and me. He doesn't spend my grocery money...and I don't take his lunch money!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:31 AM, January 02, 2006  

  • so, I read this and then looked at your photos earlier this morning, and apparently I forgot to comment. oops! I thought I did.

    we each have our own accounts, only one join account for the bills/rent which we both transfer money into each pay... BUT I make alittle more than my hubby and he tends to use the joint account to buy things - like lunches and other stuff, that he shouldn't be buying (why do we buy groceries so we can take lunches then??) and suddenly? I have no money left for bills. ARGH. Despite the joint account I am the ONLY one who pays the bills.. he doesn't even know when they are due! And then when I ask him he says "why do I need to know"

    ARGH!
    but um... happy new year. :) and you and the baby look wonderful!! You look healthy and tiny, still! So don't go worrying about that, hon!

    By Blogger cat, at 11:37 AM, January 02, 2006  

  • I know how your hubby feels, Cat. I don't know much about what bills are paid and when. I do know how to get online and look at the payments that go out. I just don't know exactly how each payment is set up. I suppose that's a start right?

    And thanks!!!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:08 AM, January 03, 2006  

  • Good luck going back to work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM, January 03, 2006  

  • I looked at your pictures and they are great! My hubby and I have separate checking accounts, and we split the bills. There are some he is responsible for and some I take on. We also each take care of our own credit cards.

    I bounced a check once. It was to the IRS!!! I learned my lesson and never did that again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM, January 03, 2006  

  • A real live budget??? Say it isn't so!!!

    By Blogger Beth, at 9:23 PM, January 03, 2006  

  • Monique, you bounced a check to the IRS! That's horrible luck. I'm glad to see you came out of it okay. :)

    Lass, thanks for all the wonderful compliments, as usual. And I can't believe your already married!! Did you tell us when the date was? Did I miss that post?

    Queen, yes, it's a real live budget, with a dollar amount and everything. Can you believe it!!!??

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8:03 AM, January 04, 2006  

  • I'm glad to hear somebody else hasn't mastered the whole "checking account" thing. I've been trying to live without credit cards, only to use them for "emergencies" (i.e., 75% off pink suede sandals that go with absolutely nothing). Hence $0 savings.

    P.S. - your kids are adorable! Post more baby pictures soon!

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 7:09 PM, January 04, 2006  

  • I should have a credit card for "emergencies"! Checking accounts are no fun. You actually have to have money in there for them to work properly.

    I will post more pics of the baby, I took some cute pictures yesterday of her in this crazy outfit the 5 year old picked out. It's silly.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:32 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home