Pink Sheets

Friday, October 07, 2005

A New Tradition

We started a new tradition last night. Riley finally lost that tooth that has been grossing me out and it was time for the tooth fairy to make his first appearance in our house. Right now, all three kids are sleeping in the same room since Darby's is still not done and there is no way I could have possibly got in there to trade out the tooth for cash with out waking anyone up, so we changed the rules a bit. First, Brian has decided that the tooth bunny is going to be visiting our house rather than the tooth fairy. He always has to be different. Second, I found a little container, actually a candle holder, to put the tooth in. We set it on the kitchen table. Next, we had Riley write the tooth bunny a note. It said, verbatim, "Dear Tooth Bunny, I won't accept less than $2.25, but I won't accept more than $5.00. Love Riley :)

The tooth bunny apparently accepted Riley's offer and left him $3.50. He was a very happy little boy this morning and the other kids were also amazed at Riley's new fortune. It's fun to mix things up.

4 Comments:

  • LOL My son has a Feather Fairy that comes along with the Tooth Fairy. IF he's been very good. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever heard, and he came up with it himself! But dang, it's been fun!

    By Blogger Beth, at 7:00 AM, October 07, 2005  

  • A feather fairy? Is that the tooth fairy's sidekick? How cute.

    Brian told him he should tell the tooth fairy that he wouldn't accept anything less than a certain dollar amount and Riley was too scared to come up with anything. Brian also told him that if his price was too high the tooth fairy would leave the tooth and not leave any money. So Riley came up with the price range. That sounded more safe. I thought it was funny.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:12 PM, October 07, 2005  

  • what the hell? I got a quarter. a QUARTER!
    talk about inflation.. I guess it's all about the cost of living going up, huh? :)

    By Blogger cat, at 6:04 PM, October 07, 2005  

  • I know. I think I may have got a dollar at the most, but he had such high hopes, I didn't want to crush them. He was so excited to lose his front tooth he told his friend it was worth more than the other teeth. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12:19 PM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home