Pink Sheets

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm A Bad Blogger

But, I have been so super busy at work, which is typically where I have been able to blog. For some reason this time of year is very busy in our department. That reminds me of the stupid saying Brian is always quoting, "excuses are like assholes, everybody has one but no one wants to hear it" or something like that. I always tell him he's disgusting and not to say it anymore. He doesn't seem to hear me.

Anyway, I wish so badly I had something great and wonderful to write about. I wish I had something to bitch about or interesting news to relay, but I don't. I'm okay with that. I suppose it's good not having much going on. So below will be little snippets of the most exciting things going on in my life right now. Be prepared to not think they're so great. :)

Riley is about to lose a front tooth. This will be his first front tooth he loses. It's grossing me out a little because it's not loose enough to pull out, but it's loose enough to be hanging haphazardly in his mouth. Blech!

Riley and Darby had a fabulous time at Disney World, like I knew they would. Darby wasn't eaten by any crocodiles. I was a little worried about that. Don't ask me why. Brian said the crocodiles wouldn't eat her because she's too mean. Still, I worried. Anyway, they are back safe and sound and I'm glad they were able to go, even if it was with out me. Besides, who knows if I'll ever get a chance to take them again. That would be a mighty expensive trip for Brian and I to take. Two adults and four kids. Not only expensive, but that's a trip that might make us lose our insanity.

The other day I was adjusting my shirt in the mirror at work and just broke out laughing. I can not believe how freaking huge my tummy is. The profile view is insane. It just made me laugh. I don't even know why. I'm glad no one else was in the bathroom at the time. Don't worry. I will definitely have a pic posted soon. I have to have this thing documented. It's gigantic.

The kids have this new found love for Garfield. We've been renting them the Garfield and Friends TV show and apparently it is the funniest damn thing ever. You can hear them a mile away laughing at Garfield and Odie and they're always making reference to it, like one might do with Seinfeld. It's silly.

Tomorrow I have to take the day off. I say I have to because it really wasn't by choice. I didn't realize the kids didn't have school today and tomorrow. I could only find someone to watch them for today. Not that I don't want a day off or that I don't want to hang out with them, it's just I would rather it be on my terms. That's okay. We'll have fun. Besides, in a couple of weeks I'll be enjoying a leisurely 6 week break. Um, yeah, leisurely.

Anyway, I have approximately 7 weeks left. I can not wait. On Thanksgiving I plan to drink a lot of wine from a box and eat absolutely nothing. I will probably eat, but I think I've done plenty of eating the past couple of months and not nearly enough drinking. (I haven't even had a sip.)

3 Comments:

  • you're only taking 6 weeks off after you have the baby?!?!?! isn't maternity leave for like, a year or something???? it is here. it's a law. i think... could be wrong... but that seems awfully short!

    By Blogger cat, at 4:05 AM, October 07, 2005  

  • Yes, we only get 6 weeks,paid. I could probably take as much as I wanted unpaid, but I don't think we could afford that. I would like a few more weeks, but seriously, I'm pretty sure I'll be glad to go back to work. It shouldn't be too bad. Unless I have a C section, then I can take 8 weeks paid. I don't want a C section.Yikes!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 5:42 AM, October 07, 2005  

  • My due date is 11-21, but I wouldn't be opposed to go in labor around the beginning of November. That would be perfectly fine by me. Of course, I wish this so I won't have her until after Thanksgiving, but a girl can hope.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:10 PM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home