Pink Sheets

Friday, September 30, 2005

A Perfect Getaway

I will tell you about one night that wasn’t a disappointment. The night Brian and I stayed at the Ashley Inn was so nice. We get to our room and it is so adorable. There’s a fireplace and a sofa and hot cocoa to make later on. They have complimentary robes and a huge bathtub. We took full advantage of all these little luxuries.

After a short nap that I desperately needed we headed to McCall for dinner. We decided on pizza, because although it isn’t a gourmet meal, that’s what I was craving. After dinner we came back to our room and watched a little TV. We didn’t want to get too settled because at 8:00 they serve cookies and milk downstairs in the lobby. They were delicious! We ate our cookies, came up stairs and ran a bubble bath. We soaked in the tub for awhile, but I was getting too hot and had to get out. We both actually fit in the tub, it was so cool. Big old tummy and all. After our bubble bath we put on our terry cloth robes and made our hot cocoa. We just hung out on the couch and vegged, drinking cocoa and doing absolutely nothing. We did find out that I was wearing the wrong robe. They didn’t seem that much different to me. After some more “hanging around” or maybe we did other things too, we feel asleep. We had a breakfast we had to get up for.

We had heard all these fabulous things about their continental breakfast and they were right. It was such a yummy breakfast. We had biscuits and gravy, fruit, Belgian waffles, poppy seed bread, cappuccino, and juice. They had a million things to choose from. I was so stuffed afterwards I had to take a nap.

It was such a great little getaway. We have already decided we are going again, after the baby is born. I can not wait.
Coming up: My first kiss. (Maybe, this is pretty boring also

3 Comments:

  • that sounds like a fantastic night, jolynn!! I wish we could find a bath tub big enough for shawn. ;) if i ever win the lotto or become rich a famous i am having a huge bathrub installed. hee!

    By Blogger cat, at 6:44 PM, October 01, 2005  

  • That sounds lovely! I'm so jealous!

    By Blogger Beth, at 11:44 AM, October 03, 2005  

  • Yes, Cat, from the pictures I've seen of Shawn, he is definitley not considered a small boy by any means. I want a huge bath tub too. That is my wish in our next house.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:57 AM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home