Pink Sheets

Friday, September 23, 2005

Today

Today, I had a donut for breakfast. It isn’t as bad as it sounds. I had to walk to and from the donut shop to have it. I probably didn’t work off the entire donut, but hey I burned a few calories.

Today, I am going to the doctor’s office where they will weigh me. I hate this. I feel like cattle. I look like cattle. I can’t wait until November rolls around and I lose at least 10 pounds instantly. It’s so very far away.

Today, we are not going to stay at the cabin. Apparently Brian’s dad already winterized it and I am refusing to pee in the out house. Gross!! I am pregnant, I should not have to go outside to pee every 15 minutes. That’s about how often I’m averaging these days, whether I actually go or not. I sometimes think I need to pee and in fact nothing happens when I get there. It’s very infuriating. Anyway, we are still staying at the Ashley Inn tomorrow night.

Today, Brian and I are going to buy paint for the girls’ room. I am so happy that I can refer to the room as the girls’ room. Two girls, two boys. How perfect. I hope that damn ultrasound was right. Anyway, we are doing a bugs theme, which I realize sounds boyish, but it’s actually going to mostly be butterflies. This was Darby’s choice. I’m going to paint the lower part of the room yellow, but up a border and have the other half white. Then I’m going to decorate the walls with bugs and butterflies. It will be so cute.

Today I learned that I might possibly have the smallest 3rd grader in the world. This week Brian and I went shopping for pants for the kids. We get to Riley’s size and I’m thinking he probably needs a size 7. I just got rid of several size 6 pants that were too short. Size 7 still seems small for someone who is about to turn 9, and I’m worried they’ll be too small. I didn’t end up buying anything for him. Besides, I had a new pair of pants that his grandparents had bought him that were the perfect length, though they were pretty loose in the waist. I would look at those and see what size they were. I was assuming a size 7, possibly an 8 because they were so big. I took them out of the laundry this morning and look at the tag. Size 6, regular. My poor little 8 year old is tiny. He always calls himself a shrimp and he is just about the smallest boy in his class, but still, shouldn’t he be a size 7 by now? His little sister is going to be bigger than him soon. My poor little shrimp.

6 Comments:

  • I feel for your shrimp...I've got one too. AJ is 12 and wearing size 8's. But I always tell him the story of Dennis Rodman. Dennis was 5 foot 2 until he was 21 years old. Then...he shot up to 6'7, joined the Jr. College Basketball team...and wound up with the CHICAGO BULLS with a ring on his finger. Not bad for a shrimp! IF AJ makes it to 5"8....I'll be thrilled.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:33 AM, September 24, 2005  

  • OH yeah...a neat trick is to find cloth butterflies and pin them to the curtains. And a row of ants walking across the floorboard... carrying a chicken leg and chips!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:35 AM, September 24, 2005  

  • I'm sure you don't look like cattle.
    Are you quite hairy? Do you have 4 breasts? Do you moo?
    Hehehe
    I was the shrimp in my class too.
    Now I"m 5'7"- which isn't really giant, but I was 4'11" until my 20s, so...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:21 AM, September 25, 2005  

  • Lass, I will definitely post pics when the room is finished. We are going to try and have it done by next week. I hope we meet our goal.

    To you all, I will tell my little shrimp these stories of growth spurts, but I must tell you, I will feel so bad if he doesn't have one of his own. I'm pretty confident he will. He probably won't be 6', but I'd be happy if he was at least average.

    Envoy-ette, that sounds like a good idea. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with the window coverings, but the ant idea is adorable.

    i miei, fortunately I'm only a little bit hairy (nothing a little wax doesn't take care of), I do not have 4 breast and I never, ever say moo. So I suppose I'm not cattle, but I must be getting up there somewhere because I have gained a whole lot of weight. How sad!!! I try to pretend it's all in my belly, but alas, it is not.

    I will be posting another pic of my fat ass soon though. You guys have stuck around this long, you deserve to see me in my last months. I know your excited. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 3:17 PM, September 25, 2005  

  • You're always too sweet!!1

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:30 PM, September 26, 2005  

  • Poor kid. My son has the exact opposite problem. He's the tallest first grader there is, and also taller than most 2nd graders.

    Ah well. They're still amazing, aren't they?

    By Blogger Beth, at 7:14 PM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home