Pink Sheets

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Am So Gullible

Awhile back I was taking Riley and Darby to their dad’s, when I realized I had forgot a movie I wanted to return to the rental store while I was out. I turned around and asked Riley to run in real quick and ask Brian to find it for him. He did. He ran inside and when he ran back out he had a great big smile on his face. A somewhat suspicious smile. What was he smiling about?

He climbs into the car and exclaims, “when I went into the house Brian was naked!”

“What, he was naked?!” I ask, completely confused. Why in the world would he be naked? The windows are open, the front door is open. Why would he be walking around naked? “Completely naked or did he have underwear on?”

“No, he was completely naked.” Riley responds.

“What was he doing?” I asked, still utterly confused.

“He was sitting at the computer doing his homework.” He told me, matter of factly.

“Did he say anything?” What is going on. If he wanted to do his homework naked, we have a perfectly fine computer upstairs. It would have been more private. The windows are all open for Christ sake!

“I walked in and told him you forgot the movie, and he said, ‘oh that’ and handed me the movie. Then I took it and came out here.”

“And he was naked?”

“Yep!”

I am stunned. This is not normal. Yes, he does tend to walk around naked or in his underwear, but not when the whole house is wide open. He always screams when he realizes he has just walked by an open window and he’s naked. Seriously, screams like a girl.

My next thought is thank God Darby wasn’t the one to run in to grab the movie. What in the world would she think, seeing Brian completely naked. What if it was somehow traumatic or worse, what if she told people that she saw him naked. What would people think? I was so relieved that I sent Riley in.

Just as I was thinking this thought Darby, who has been laughing the whole time about this incident, exclaims, “ next time, I want to be the one who goes in to get the movie!”

“What? No you don’t. Why would you want to see Brian naked?”

“Because it would be so funny!!” she says, still laughing hysterically.

Oh, what have I done to this little girl? She is such a freak. Anyway, it turns out that none of the story was true. Brian told Riley to tell me that. He failed to mention that it was all a joke when I dropped him off. I didn’t find out until I returned home and asked Brian why in the heck he was hanging out naked. He was never naked.

5 Comments:

  • Like mother, like daughter?

    By Blogger Beth, at 12:14 PM, August 23, 2005  

  • Well, there's a distinct possibility.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:54 PM, August 23, 2005  

  • Yes, kids are not weird. You never know what the heck they're thinking.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 8:32 AM, August 25, 2005  

  • Heeheeee! I just hope your son didn't tell his dad...Brian was naked! You know...my first thought would be... he's naked at a computer? Well...all sorts of things pop up in my brain! Your daughter is funny! ( I used to love catching my dad in his boxer shorts. He would yell and then jump across the room and slam the door)

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 12:21 PM, August 26, 2005  

  • I know, the computer thing made me way suspicious. He actually told Riley to tell me he was naked because he wanted me to think he was doing something bad. :) Ewww!!! I was very perplexed about the whole situation.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:09 PM, August 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home