Pink Sheets

Sunday, August 07, 2005

They're Tires-Who Cares

About two years ago I had my front tires replaced because they were so worn out they started to leak and were unrepairable. A time after that the right front tire developed a "mysterious" leak. I'm not sure what was going on with it, but a hole was never found. The tire just happened to go flat one evening while I was eating at Applebee's. As new tires are apt to do. (Yeah right). Anyway, a little time after that I was driving home from work and ran over a huge piece of metal something, I have no idea what, that completely sliced open my back tire. I believe this is when I replaced the back tires? This is all a blur because they're tires. Who cares, right? So I have new back tires now. That was say a year and a half ago, maybe a little longer.

About a year ago I went in to have my brakes done. Well, while they were fixing my brakes they "accidentally" put new back tires on my car, because there was a huge mix up with cars. Apparently another woman had brought in the same type of car and she needed new back tires, but they thought I needed them. Blah, blah, blah. I go into to pay for the brakes and they tell me of the mix up and ask if I want to keep them because they really should be replaced. "Who ever drives the car is really rough on the tires." Or some bullshit like that. Brian says screw it and we keep the tires. That was around August. Now we are fast forwarding to winter of the same year.

So, I'm driving the kids to school one morning and I took a corner a little sharp. Just a little. I happen to hit the curve with my back tire. I didn't think anything of it. Until I get on the freeway and I start bouncing down the road. I had shredded the tire. Completely. It was gone. I had it replaced--again.

Last night I was driving to pick up some movies for us to watch. I go into the movie place, pick out the movies, come out to my car and what did I find? Yes, you guessed it. A flat tire. I had run over a small metal object, which there is no possible way I could have seen while driving. It was not my fault-Brian!! Anyway, I had to call Brian to come change my tire and he was none too happy even though, IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!! The tire gods hate me. I don't know why.

Disclaimer: Parts of this story may be inaccurate. I don't remember if it they were front tires or back tires that were replaced in which order. You get the gist of it.

5 Comments:

  • I think much depends on the type of car, I had a Lumina that got flat tires all the tire, but my current car hasn't had one yet.

    By Blogger beardedriffraff, at 7:56 AM, August 07, 2005  

  • Actually that is an interesting point. Maybe that is true and if so it's one more reason why I should be getting a new car. That's it my mind is made up. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:21 PM, August 07, 2005  

  • I hate tires. Hate them!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:43 AM, August 08, 2005  

  • i'm just trying to learn to drive.. i don't need all these tire worries to think about. argh! ;) i tried driving the other night... i hate it.. hate hate hate it. i suck at it. sigh... i've had me stupid learner's for over a year and i can't drive. *grumble* we need a smaller car... that's what i need. a smaller car..sigh

    By Blogger cat, at 9:08 AM, August 08, 2005  

  • Yes, you do need a small car to learn on. It's much easier to drive a compact car, there's less chances of running into something.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:47 AM, August 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home