Pink Sheets

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Birthday Extravaganza-Part 1

Well, my day didn’t start out very well, but it did end on a nice note. I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday so I decided to take Darby with me to hear the baby’s heart beat. We arrive and they weighed me. I had gained nearly twice as much weight as I should have in a month. Twice!! I am officially on my way to becoming a heifer. I am so upset. The doctor told me that he wouldn’t give me a hard time this time because last month I hadn’t gained any weight, but not to make this a habit. Hmph!! I am so upset. I am so going to be good, however, I doubt I can start this week with all the cake and take out I’m certain to be eating for my birthday celebrations. I will be working out, however.

After the doctor’s appointment we met Brian and the boys at Camel’s Back Park. I really like this park and I’m not certain why, but it has this huge hill and I have fond memories of going there when I was little. Anyway, the boys finally arrived to the park and the kids immediately wanted to climb up the huge hill. They all trekked up the front side, the most difficult way to get up, basically so they could either run, tumble or slide down. They were pretty filthy and extremely thirsty afterwards, and I’m glad they only wanted to go up once. It was funny to watch them though. They looked like little ants.

After the hill climbing we played kickball. I thought this was fun, which surprises me. I wasn’t looking forward to it, you know, all that physical activity, but I had a good time playing with the kids and watching Brian take them out with the kick ball. Maybe it was just Brian taking them out with the kickball. Not really. I was the pitcher and I pretty much suck, but I got a few good ones in for them.

After the park we (meaning I) were starving so we headed home and Riley and I went to pick up some fried chicken and potato salad. Hmmm. This is part where you learn why I’m such a heifer. I had a plate of fried chicken (two legs), a couple scoops of potato salad, a scoop of strawberry parfait, some mac n cheese, and a roll. I finished this and had a few more bites of chicken and another roll and another bite of mac n cheese. I then went upstairs to watch an episode of CSI with Brian and take a nap. When I awoke from my nap I was a little hungry, so I had another piece of chicken. Keep in mind that fried chicken is my favorite food. I love it and it's difficult to resist. I felt a little guilty about the piece of chicken, especially since we were going out to eat with my dad in a couple of hours, but there was nothing I could do about it at this point.

I decided on Tony Roma’s for dinner because Tuesday is kids’ night, kids eat free. You can’t beat that! Anyway, it was so-so. I wasn’t in the mood for steak or ribs so I ordered chicken alfredo, which would have been better anywhere else. The kids really enjoyed their meals. Darby and Jordan ordered fried shrimp and Riley decided on ribs. They loved it. The service was quite slow, however. We were there for 2 hours. That is an insane amount of time for three kids to try and sit still. My back was starting to hurt. Then I received my birthday dessert, a huge brownie with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream, smothered in chocolate syrup. It was so yummy.

The dinner was fun, even if it was long, and the kids were good. We came home and put everyone to bed and I laid down with the worse tummy ache in the world. Ugh!! Still it was a good day.


On a side note, there was a funny conversation taking place the other night at dinner. Brian and Riley had finished and excused themselves from the dinner table leaving Darby, Jordan, and me. Darby was telling Jordan that there is this huge, fat dog that lives by her dad. He’s so fat because he eats all the time and he really should be going on a diet. Jordan was somewhat intrigued by the tale of this so called “fat dog” and needed more details.

“How fat is he? Is he as fat as my stomach when I push it out?” He inquires, while blowing his stomach out as far as it can go.

Darby looks at him with amusement and somewhat smugly, “yes, it’s much, much bigger than that,” she responds.

“Is it bigger than your mom’s tummy, even with a baby inside,” he asks.

She smiles, “oh yes, much bigger than my mom’s tummy.” (Good save Darby.)

Hmm, you can see him thinking about this. How big is that fat dog? Aha, “is he as big as my dad’s stomach?” He asks her, challenging her.

She gets a huge smirk on her face, “Yep!” she proclaims. “The dog is bigger than your dad’s stomach. Much, much bigger.”

They both erupt in laughter. “Oh my gosh, that is one big dog!” More giggling.

I told Brian this story and he thinks they’re so rude. I think it’s funny and charming.

3 Comments:

  • Have a blast tomorrow, girlie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    (And forget what the doctor says just for tomorrow, and eat LOTS of cake and ice cream. You can make up for it later.)

    By Blogger Beth, at 7:54 PM, August 03, 2005  

  • You guys are so super sweet!!! Thank you for the sweet comments and Queen, thanks for the e-card. You are both awesome blogging buddies!!! And I will eat lots and lots of cake and ice cream, enough for everyone, but you must promise to have two of your favorite adult beverages, one for me and one for you. Thanks!!!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:56 AM, August 04, 2005  

  • Okay, but be careful. I wouldn't want us to get sick. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:58 AM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home