Pink Sheets

Friday, July 22, 2005

Labor

Today at work is almost unbearable. I am restless and I'm not sure why. I have nothing to do at home, but I would much rather be there than here. Brian and Jordan are off at the water park with Brian's nephews, so I'm sure they're having a good time. I am going stir crazy. Agh!!!

In almost exactly four months I will be having a baby. Does this freak anyone else out or is it just me? Actually, I am really excited. I'm excited about the moments after labor. I hate labor. (Like any one likes it.) My first child I opted to have an epidural and it was the best decision I have ever made. My second baby decided to come along so quickly that there was no time for drugs. It was the most horrendous pain I have ever been in and I just don't think my body deserves to be under such distress. This baby better come out quick or take her sweet time because I don't want any pain!! I also never took any birthing classes, nor do I plan to. I'm a snob and I think I'm too good for them. Who needs birthing classes? Women have been having babies for forever and they seemed to manage fine without any sort of classes. Besides, I don't think I'm the type of person who can "breathe" the pain away.

I have also made an executive decision not to have Brian in the room with me while I'm actually having the baby. You know, the pushing stage. I just don't want Brian to see me like that. I know it sounds outdated and naive, but I just don't. I still really like him and I really like having all sorts of sex with him and I just don't want that to be ruined by such an unflattering position. Plus, I don't want to be mad at him, just in case there isn't time for drugs.

Alright, I know some of you out there probably disagree and I know a few people who read this every so often are mommies. Let me know your opinions and your experiences with labor. I love a good labor story. Did you take classes? Did they actually help? Let me know.

5 Comments:

  • We have talked a little about it. He says he could go either way. If I want him in there, that's good and if I don't, that's okay too. Since this isn't the first for either of us we feel more comfortable trying something different. Besides, I may change my mind at the last minute and have someone go get him. :)

    And really, what I enjoy during this pregnancy that I never experienced during the others was the amount of attention he pays to my belly. He talks to the baby and tries to get her to move around. He goes to all my appointments and ultra sounds. I really like that kind of involvement. A pregnant girl needs lots of attention.

    Thanks for the story! I really do like hearing about these things. Everyone has a different experience even though it's the same process.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:36 PM, July 22, 2005  

  • i have a puppy. *grin*

    i shall be of no help. however, i am excited for you, is that ok??

    By Blogger cat, at 7:20 PM, July 22, 2005  

  • That's okay, Cat. I'm glad you're happy for me and I'm glad to see a comment from you. I've missed you!! However, I assume that your lack of blogging has a lot do with being a busy newlywed. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:20 AM, July 23, 2005  

  • I had a c-section. I highly recommend those guys! It was emergency, and was after I'd already been in labor for 12 hours. And from the first pain, they were 2 minutes apart all the way through. Well, until they were just one long continuous one...

    Anyway, drugs are good. The labor classes are scary, and c-sections are heaven sent!

    By Blogger Beth, at 8:23 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • You are the second person I've heard from that said they had a C-section and wouldn't have it any other way. Usually you hear horrible things about them. Hmmm, I wish that was an option. Maybe this baby will be huge, you never know.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:14 AM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home