Pink Sheets

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A Fourth of July Weekend

The weekend wasn't nearly long enough so I came home early today. 6 hours early in fact. I don't really feel all that well. I was tossing and turning last night from heartburn and a headache. I think the fact that I enjoyed a busy, three day weekend was too much for my body to deal with.

What did we do you ask? Friday we went to the cabin, hung out, made S'mores. The usual. Saturday we took the kids to the parade in Cascade, a teeny tiny town in Idaho. The parade consisted of a lot of little kids on bikes, motorcycles, and four wheelers, some horses, and a Pepsi truck. The kids had a blast. I don't know why, but it was so much fun to go, buy some candy, stand in the street, and watch an hour of the entire town of Cascade parade down the main street. Sunday, we cleaned up our mess and headed home, where we got the kids ready to go to their other parent's houses, and realized we forgot our movie rentals in the mountains. Piss!!

We were in no way going to drive back up on Sunday afternoon, so after we dropped off the kids, I went shopping and Brian went to work out. Guess what I bought? Nothing!! I went shopping and came home empty handed. I was so disappointed in myself. Aw well, I still had the 4th of July sales to look forward to. However, we now had to make an extra trip to the mountains. Not that it's very far. It only takes about an hour and half to drive there, but it's a rather big inconvenience.

We woke up bright and early on Monday morning, because for some reason, regardless of the hour we go to bed, Brian likes to wake up at 6:30 in the morning. We drank some coffee, I cleaned the kitchen, we showered, got dressed and we were out the door before nine to go check out the sales at Lowe's. They had nothing. We stopped at a few more places and bought our first baby outfits and then headed up to the mountains. This story is so boring so I'm going to end it now. We arrived in the mountains, stayed for lunch, headed back down, did some more shopping and went and saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. How was that for a wrap up?

Anyway, I felt like crap this morning so I made it an early day and decided to take our poor, precious little Chloe to the vet because she has hurt her back leg. I knew it wouldn't be a trip producing good news. She needs surgery because her knee cap is dislocated and they were unsuccessful at popping it back into place. Our poor little puppy is only 8 months old and if she has the surgery, which I think she has to have in order to stop limping, she will have to be confined for up to 4 weeks in her kennel. She won't be allowed to play or run or go on walks. She is just a puppy. It will probably be more torturous than the dislocated knee. I am not happy about this one bit, but I don't see any other options. I wish it was something that would just heal. I wish we had puppy insurance. I wish she didn't have a weird knee. I wish, I wish, I wish...

3 Comments:

  • It was fun. I think that they enjoyed themselves because they could stand right in the street and see everything. They didn't have to fight five rows of people.

    Mr and Mrs Smith was pretty good. I liked it alright. It would be a good renter.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:48 AM, July 06, 2005  

  • Woooo! That sounds cool! I'll have to put Mr. & Mrs. Smith in my queue when it comes out.

    By Blogger Beth, at 8:29 AM, July 08, 2005  

  • I'm back. I go through periods of having absolutely nothing to write about. Sorry!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:06 AM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home