Pink Sheets

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My dad dropped in last night unannounced. I’m not so angry anymore, even though it was unannounced I suppose that shows that he’s making an effort and is interested in my life, at least a little. I don’t have to hate him as of this week. I do wish he would have called, however. Brian and I don’t have kids for the next couple of days and sometimes our evenings without kids include nakedness. We hang out in bed watching movies naked, not necessarily doing anything though it usually leads to that. Sometimes we close the windows and doors and hang out almost naked downstairs. In fact, we were getting ready to have naked time when my dad pulled up. That could have been disastrous or at the very least, embarrassing.

In one week I have my ultra sound. I am so excited to find out what sex the baby is. Brian insists that we’re having a boy. He says he can’t have girls, or something like that. Whatever!! Just because he has a boy doesn’t mean he can’t have a girl. I want a girl, but I would be perfectly happy if I have a boy. Brian says if it’s a boy I’m going to be upset for the next couple of months and have post partum depression because I didn’t get my baby girl, which is absolutely not true. I will be fine if I have boy. Boys are okay. Besides, it’s not like I don’t have a girl already. Brian’s a butthead.

This morning when I left the house Brian said I looked matronly. I don’t think that’s a compliment. I think that’s up there with frumpy. I told him I could change, he said I look cute. I don’t know. Maybe I should have changed. I look pregnant. Not that looking pregnant is bad, I like my little belly, I’m just not sure if I’m ready for it to be sticking out there for the world to see. Ugh, I guess it’s too late now. I’m already at work and I don’t want to go home just to change my clothes. Aw well.

1 Comments:

  • I was the 4th girl and final pregnancy for mom. So...I was dad's "son". We went motorcycle riding...shooting...camping.. and fishing. I loved being a tomboy! It helps with my boys now.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 11:14 AM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home