Pink Sheets

Friday, June 10, 2005

Two Nights Alone

Brian has gone to the mountains for the next couple of nights without me. He and Jordan left last night and will return Saturday afternoon. I was all by lonesome last night. I cleaned the house, watched way too much TV, and ate a lot of food.

Bad things happen when Brian leaves me alone. He acknowledges this also. When he isn’t around I eat the most horrible meals. Last night I had a bowl of cereal, which didn’t satisfy me, so I made instant mashed potatoes and topped them with cheese. I was still hungry so I finished off a good portion of watermelon. Isn’t that disgusting? If Brian were home he would have shamed me out of eating such a meal.

I also watch the most horrible shows. In fact, since Brian wasn’t there I put in as much bad TV time as I could muster. I watched two or three shows at once, because who knows when I’ll ever be able to watch those things again. First, I watched some show with Tommy Hilfiger, I think it’s suppose to be like The Apprentice, while simultaneously watching Joey and The OC. Trash, trash, and more trash. They were all pretty horrible. Next I watched Hit Me Baby One More Time. Brian and I watched that last week and it was painful, so I didn’t get too far with that one. There was another OC on and the Tommy show was finishing up, so I was adequately entertained for the next half hour. Then CSI came on. I have heard really good things about this show so I figured I would just watch this without all the channel surfing. I wasn’t completely disappointed. When that finished it was time for bed. It was somewhat difficult convincing Chloe it was bedtime. She kept going up and down the stairs waiting for Brian to return home. Poor baby puppy. She was so disappointed she couldn't go to the mountains.

Tonight I have my girls’ night so I won’t be as lonely and pathetic, but I’m still not going to enjoy the sleeping by myself part. I just like him with me. I can’t help it. I miss him so much when he isn’t around. I know, it’s sad. It’s not like I’m completely dependent upon him for my happiness. I mean, hello, did you hear what I did last night? But, I just like when we’re together and I rarely get sick of his company. We have are moments, but they are few and far between. Besides, I like his predictability. For instance, I know he is going to be a grouchy ass while I get ready in the morning, but he still gives me lots and lots of kisses before I leave. Of course, there’s the unpredictability that makes things quite fun. Like the fact that he has the movie Notting Hill memorized. I don’t get it. I love the movie and have seen it several times, however I have a sneaking suspicion Brian has watched it more times than any man should be allowed to watch a romantic comedy. Weirdo. I suppose this is a little off topic, it's just that these are little things I miss having around, even if it is only for a couple of nights.

2 Comments:

  • My Hubby and DJ are camping. AJ and I rented movies...bought popcorn...candy... and ate at MCDONALDS! The cat's away!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:39 PM, June 10, 2005  

  • Do you not eat McDonalds either. Brian and I quit and every once in awhile I crave a breakfast sandwich. Hmm, maybe this weekend would be a good time to go satisfy my craving. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:23 AM, June 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home