Pink Sheets

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Weekend

We're home. We had a nice time. It was so relaxing to do nothing. I feel sort of lazy. We came back yesterday afternoon and did a bunch of laundry and BBQ'd. Just the five of us. I took today off, also, to hang out with the kids. This is normally my week, however, their dad is throwing some kind of huge fit about not seeing them enough, blah, blah, blah. So he is going to have them this week and next week and I will most likely pick them up one evening next week to hang out. I suppose this can happen to parents who share custody. This feeling like you don't see your kids enough. Plus, he works weekends and I take advantage of that a little by asking for Saturdays that aren't mine. I'm sure it evens out in the end. Aw well. Anyway, I took today off so we're going to go see a movie. You have no idea how long it's been since I've been to a movie. I would tell you, but I'm not even sure.

Brian's entire family went up to the cabin this weekend. This is perfectly fine by me. I'm still a little uncomfortable around one sister-in-law, whom at the beginning didn't like me so much. She's over that, I'm pretty sure, but I still feel uncomfortable. It's my fault at this point I just don't know how to get passed it. I hate when people don't like me so I become a complete dunce around them. Every time I see her I try my best to be friendly, and then I feel fake. Ugh!! I hate that. It wasn't too much of an issue this weekend because she was pretty quiet around everyone.

The sister-in-law who does like me, for some reason didn't seem to like me this weekend. She was in a total mood. My God! I'm not even sure exactly how to describe it, but she has never acted that way toward me. Every chance she got she was making some off hand comment at me. One that was insulting, that you know is insulting, but if someone else heard they might not think anything of it. Do you know what I mean? She was horrible to Riley. I mean, don't get me wrong, Riley has his annoying quirks, but those weren't even the things annoying her. The things that were annoying her were the little boy things he does. For instance, we were all making S'mores, he finished his and went by the table and grabbed a square of chocolate to eat. Well, apparently, this is somehow the end of the world, because she jumped down his throat telling him after that piece he was to have no more chocolate. Luckily, Brian's dad saved him by jumping down her throat demanding to know why he can't have anymore chocolate. Anyway, there were several other incidents similar to this. It was weird. However, I plan on not holding a grudge, which I tend to do, because she has issues that I won't get into. I would never want to be her and you have no idea how happy I am to be me.

Next weekend, since Brian and I will be kid-free, we plan on going up there, just the two of us. Ahhh, how sweet. I can't wait. Brian's parent's will be up there, but we'll still have the cabin to ourselves. They decided to set up their trailer and now stay at the bottom of the hill. Brian hasn't figured out if they did that for our sanity or theirs. Probably theirs. The cabin gets pretty crowded with four adults and three kids.

That's all for now. We didn't see any wild animals, though we told campfire bear stories. This involves telling Darby, once again, that bears only eat little blonde girls. Those boys. You see why I need another little girl?

3 Comments:

  • as long as you have a girl who isn't blonde so that when the bears come a snacking they won't eat both of them.

    hahahahaha!

    sorry.. :)

    glad you had fun this weekend though, despite odd family things.

    By Blogger cat, at 9:55 AM, May 31, 2005  

  • After 15 years of marriage...my sister-in-laws STILL don't share any thing with me. I'm truly the outsider. (I think it stems from M-in-law thinking her family was "better" then mine) Nothing could be farther from the truth!
    If she only knew my parent's background!

    You need a girl alright...to balance things! But bet you'll get a boy! (just because) :)

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 1:03 PM, May 31, 2005  

  • I'm not too worried about having another blonde, though I'm sure the story would be revised to little girls, not specifying hair color. We poor girls are so abused. :)

    Envoy-ette, that is exactly what I've been saying. I'll probably get a boy, just because that's how life works.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 4:10 PM, May 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home