Pink Sheets

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My Patience Is Wearing Thin

I am stressed. I need to schedule vacation for this summer. I wasn’t going to, but today in the car I realized I need to or I may go insane. Taking off a day here and a day there isn’t cutting it. I need a week of doing nothing with the kids. A week of not having to get them up at 6:15 am. A week of not having to pack their lunch. A week of not having to make them dinner in order to have their baths at 7:00 pm so they can get to bed at 8:00. I need a week of nothing but laying in the sun while they run through the sprinklers and walking the dog to the park. I need a week to go swimming and spend time in the mountains and BBQing hamburgers and hotdogs. A week where I wake up at 7:00 instead of 5:00.

This week is proving to take it’s toll on my nerves and I’m not liking this person I am right now. I am officially freaking out. Not, fleeing the country freaking out, but rather, I may pull out all of my hair freaking out. I need a break. I was going to save as much vacation time as I could for the end of the year, but I’m saying screw it. I get six weeks of maternity leave, which starts the week of Thanksgiving (as long as baby is on time) and will end New Year’s Day. That’s perfect. I couldn’t have asked for better timing. This summer I will take a full week off, for my sake as well as the sake of everyone that lives with me.

PS Not that I’m doing all of this on my own or anything, this week just seems to be especially busy for both Brian and I. Plus, we haven’t had sex in a record amount of days. Argh!

4 Comments:

  • but...but... you're both so beautiful! how can you not keep your hands off each other!!!

    hehehehe...

    i'm having a month like that. only i don't want a vacation, i want to QUIT. gah! i hope we get a lot of money from the wedding.. i know that is horrible to say, but i really want to buy a house and move away!!!!

    plus you're probably all hormonal right now,right? with the baby on the way? so that's probably not helping your stress. :( take some deep breaths... but if you go to a yoga class.. DON"T eat first... ugh.

    By Blogger cat, at 10:44 AM, May 17, 2005  

  • I will definitely keep the yoga class advice in my mind. I take this knowledge comes from experience?

    I would want to quit also, except then what would I do. A whole lot of nothing. I have to do something right?

    I hope you get a lot of money from your wedding too. Isn't that why you have a wedding, for the gifts and money? (Um just kidding :)

    I think I am hormonal, but I think I'm always hormonal. Ugh!! Bad hormones. Go away!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 11:19 AM, May 17, 2005  

  • funny you should say that about why people have weddings.. that was our joke at the start "we're just doing it for the money"... however.. now we really feel that way ansd we hate half our family. hahaha!

    of cours the yoga thing is from experience.. don't you read my blog, woman!! :P

    By Blogger cat, at 1:30 PM, May 17, 2005  

  • Of course I read your blog!!! Are you crazy! I just don't remember that one, you know, because I am such an avid reader I read it so often that sometimes I forget. So there!! :)

    Isn't it funny how things like that can make you hate family. Weddings, babies, birthdays, pretty much anything is cause for feelings of contempt towards family members. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2:44 PM, May 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home