Pink Sheets

Monday, May 09, 2005

Things To Come

“Tina, you fat lard. Come get some food.” A woman from my department received this t-shirt for Mother’s Day, with a picture of a llama printed on it. It’s so funny. If you haven’t seen Napoleon Dynamite you are seriously missing out. It’s so stinking hilarious!

A movie you shouldn’t see-First Daughter. Stupid and it’s basically the same movie as the one with Mandy Moore, Chasing Liberty I believe it’s called? The one with Mandy Moore was better.

Brian is going to be looking for full time work in approximately a month. There are several reasons I don’t look forward to him working. First, I rarely come home to an empty house. If Brian becomes gainfully employed who knows what kind of crazy hours he may work. I could be the first one home every night. What will I do? I am usually greeted by a very happy Chloe, and a very happy Brian, at least a content Brian.(He doesn’t practically wet himself when he sees me, like Chloe does. Thank God!) If he gets a job I will have to retrieve Chloe from the backyard every afternoon to receive my welcome home puppy loves. Hmph!

Second, while Brian isn’t what I would call a beck and call boy, when I need something done in the middle of the day and he isn’t at school I can call him and ask him to do whatever it is I need done. For instance, I might call him to go to the store. “Hey there, sweet pea. Do you think you could run to the store and get some creamer for tomorrow morning?” In which he usually responds, “well, no I’m not going to the store today.” I ask him why not. He might say something like, “because I was planning on doing my homework and maybe going to the rec center. Then Judge Judy comes on at 3:00 and I really don’t want to miss that.” I then whine, “but if you don’t get it I’ll have to go after work and then it will take me forever to get home and we won’t even eat dinner until after six. I could possibly starve by that time.” (Yes, I whine. Well, I don’t like the word whine. Let’s say I pout.) After my whining, I mean pouting, he usually concedes. “Alright, I’ll go to the store for you, but I’m not going to like it.” And all is well in the world.

Third, who knows what kind of vacation time he’ll get. Usually it’s not much when you first start. There won’t be any lazy days this summer. I won’t be able to get off work early and come home and lounge around with him and there won’t be anymore nooners, which have been pretty infrequent as it is. (Um, the nooners have been infrequent, not that night timers.)

Plus there’s the fact that he’ll be surrounded by new people which I am almost positive will include females, who will most likely hit on him because he’s so handsome and then I will have to be jealous like Lynette on Desperate Housewives. And she sounds irrational. I don’t want to be irrational and crazy and paranoid. But, I won’t. I mean it doesn’t matter that he could potentially work with pretty, skinny girls, while I sit here at my desk job gaining a pound a week for the next several weeks. I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m not a jealous person. Seriously, I’m not. Have I convinced you yet?

Regardless of the down sides of the getting a job situation, it will probably be okay. I mean, there’s the whole money issue, which should improve, which means more shopping, er, I mean more paying off debt in order to move into a bigger house. And he will probably get a job in Boise, where I work, so we’ll be able to have lunch together occasionally and possibly even drive to work together. That would be nice. All the stuff above is mostly about dealing with a big change. I always claim that change is good, so I should keep that in mind. Change is good. Brian getting a job will be good for us. (As long as it’s a job he likes and isn’t miserable everything should work out splendidly.)

2 Comments:

  • i'd hit on him. your brian is a stud muffin. :D

    and i know how you feel though... right now shawn is unemployed and although he's looking and we REALLY need the two incomes in order to pay rent and, you know, eat :) i like having him home during the day. he meets me with the dog at the metro (subway) station after work and he sometimes has dinner waiting and he does the dishes and laundry... he's so good to me!!

    By Blogger cat, at 10:55 AM, May 10, 2005  

  • See!!! He is going to get hit on. Crap! :)

    Well, Shawn sounds like a sweet heart. Brian is sweet too, but he doesn't do the dishes. However, he does vacuum. I can't even remember the last time I had to vacuum. It's some kind of weird obsession with him.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 11:03 AM, May 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home