Pink Sheets

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Absent Minded

I went and got a haircut today. I have been going to the same girl to have my haircut for the past four years. I have never had the same stylist for that long but I love her. For one thing she's not afraid to let me try new things. She'll do whatever I want. You may think that's what all stylists are like, but I've come across some who are afraid to just go all out. Not that I have crazy hair styles or want crazy hair styles, but when I try something new it's usually pretty extreme for me and she just goes for it.

Another reason I like her is because she's way cute. We're about the same age, she may be a few years older, but that's how I describe her, as cute. She wears cute clothes and shoes and she has cute hair and a cute figure. I just imagine that's how someone doing my hair should be. Stylish, and not only that but more stylish than me. When you go to someone who is suppose to keep you posh, you don't want them to be frumpy. Am I right? I'm right.

Even though she is cute and stylish, she's insanely nice. I suppose insanely isn't a great description. She's not so nice it's annoying, but when I see a pretty girl, I always assume they're going to be snobbish or look down on me. I'm not sure why I have this preconceived notion about pretty girls, but I always have. I think it has a lot to do with high school and possibly even college. Anyhow, she's nice, like girlfriend nice, like we could hang out nice. She's not a snob in the least. I like that. I sit in that chair and look in the mirror and it's hard not to make comparisons between the two of us. I quickly snap out of it because she's talking to me non stop about the latest movie she's seen or what she did last week or where she took her kids the other day just for fun. I don't have much time to dwell on her beauty because she's so comfortable to be around.

And most importantly, I think I like her so much because she's so absent minded. She has been known to mess up a hair color, burn you with the hair dryer, and she is always running behind schedule. Always. Most people might find this completely annoying for someone who is providing them a service, but I find it charming. Probably because I have this same problem. I have been known to completely mess up a simple task, such as baking a frozen pizza, forget to make important phone calls, and I am always "fashionably" late. Maybe it's refreshing to know that I'm not alone in this world of absent mindedness. That even girls that seem perfectly put together aren't so perfect. (Of course, after four years I have also learned that her life in general is far from perfect, but that's something entirely different. No one has a perfect life.)

So, enought on my hair lady. I'm going to go get my book and lay out even though I haven't shaved today and then decide what I should have for dinner, realize there is no way I'm going to be able to figure it out, call my mom and get some addresses to send out invitations to Darby's birthday party, and then do nothing for the rest of the evening. It should be fun.

6 Comments:

  • do we get to see photos of the new hair? hmmm? do we?? i want to see!!!!

    also.. i agree that you don't want a frumpy hairdresser... of course where i live i'm just happy if i can get one that speaks english. :P

    By Blogger cat, at 3:47 PM, April 30, 2005  

  • Well, I didn't get it cut much differently this time. It's a little more textured than I normally get, but I'll see what I can do for a picture. :)

    And it took me years to find my hairdresser. I agree, it's hard to find someone you like.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 4:11 PM, April 30, 2005  

  • Moving every 1 or 2 years...means I've got to find a stylist AGAIN. Before the dentists, doctors, DMV, Walmart....gotta find someone to do my hair! LOL!!!! Good hairdressers are worth their weight in GOLD!!!!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 8:49 AM, May 01, 2005  

  • Envoy-ette, I agree, they are. I couldn't imagine trying to find a new one every two years. It took me years to find this after going to countless stylists that didn't do exactly what I wanted done.

    One time I went to a girl and she called me twice asking me for money. I went to her once and she called my home asking if she could borrow a couple of hundred dollars!!! Can you imagine?

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:12 AM, May 02, 2005  

  • hmmm... i am not girly i guess. the last time i went to have my hair done professionally was in october for my sister's wedding. before that? umm... i think it was 12 years prior. i have been cutting & dying my own hair since i was 16. i really hated hair dressers, and most all were ONLY french and i couldn't explain myself well enough to them and they'd do whatever they wanted AND they'd put all this stupid mousse and hair spray in my hair and i HATED that.
    i will however go get my hair professionally coloured and trimmed on june 18 for my wedding.. :)

    By Blogger cat, at 7:37 AM, May 03, 2005  

  • You can cut your own hair?! I am seriously impressed. I wish I could cut my own hair, but if I even attemted too it would be disastorous. I have seen your hair in pictures and it is cute. Well done. However, you should have yourself pampered for your wedding because that's a big deal and you shouldn't have to worry about such things.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:28 AM, May 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home