Pink Sheets

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Realization

I didn’t really have time to think about anything the rest of the day. I had a team meeting at my manager’s house that lasted all day. It was close to five when we finished. I didn’t even get home until almost six that evening.

Brian and I didn’t talk about much when I first arrived. He had just received his new computer and was busy tinkering around with that. I just wanted to lay down and do nothing, which I did. I wasn’t in much of a mood for chit chat. I didn’t even feel like eating dinner.

Soon, however, Brian was getting hungry and I made us some hamburger helper. (Yuck! So not in the mood for hamburger helper.) Anyway, while that was simmering he asked me if I did my thing that morning. I just shrugged. For some reason, I didn’t really want to talk about it. I didn’t really want to give him details. He didn’t push. In fact, he changed the subject quickly. I went out to the car. I had left a white paper bag out there. A white paper bag that contained the evidence and the information that Brian was curious about. I didn’t really have to say a word. I would just show him. He saw the bag on the table and instantly knew what it was. He asked, “so this is it, huh?”

“Yep,” I say, nonchalantly. “You can just throw it out.”

“Oh,” he said knowingly. He pulls it out and looks at it in disbelief. “You have to be shitting me!” He exclaimed.

Once again I just shrug. I did not want to even think about it let alone talk about it. We sat down to dinner and after we picked at our food for awhile, cleared the table and moseyed around the house in uncomfortable silence, Brian decided to have a few glasses of wine. To lighten the mood I suppose.

To be continued....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home