Pink Sheets

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

My Favorite Idol and Shopping

I didn’t think this would ever happen. I thought I would be able to distance myself from all of the insanity, but it’s happened. I have an American Idol favorite. His name is Constantine Maroulis. He is just so darn cute. And believe me, I am no sucker for long hair, band type guys. I prefer clean cut. Anyway, he’s super cute and really good and I’m rooting for him. I’m going to have to watch tonight to make sure he isn’t kicked off. I would be oh so disappointed.

I feel like I haven’t posted in awhile, but it’s only been a couple of days. I haven’t done a thing this week. Yesterday I went shopping and bought 4 shirts and a pair of pants for me and I was being considerate and also purchased a couple of shirts for Brian. My total came to $69.94. Sixty nine. It’s a good number. *childish giggle* However, Brian fails to appreciate the amount. Okay, on the phone when he asked how much I spent I told him $60. I didn’t really want to tell him at all, but he told me to not include the change so I left out the $9.94. That’s the change, right? Anyway, it’s a good thing I left out the $9.94 because I thought he was going to have a coronary. He was going on and on about how I used my gas card to buy clothes and now I wasn’t going to have any room for gas. I informed him that I planned on spending $50, so the extra $10 wasn’t that big of a deal. Then he freaks out about my plan to spend $50. He said he thought I was going to buy a pair of socks. A pair of socks? When in my shopping history have I ever just purchased a pair of socks? Besides, I needed those shirts. I was starting to get depressed about my wardrobe. Do you ever just look in your closet and think “I have nothing to wear,” even though you may have a million things in there? That’s how I was beginning to feel. Now I can get rid of that other junk and I’m happy. Brian should just be happy that I’m happy. :) Regardless of his ranting I don’t believe he was actually mad. Maybe he was a tad bit annoyed, but I think he lectures me in order to keep me in check when it comes to money. And it works. Most of the time the guilt of using my gas card for clothes is so strong I decide not to use it. But not yesterday. Yesterday I really needed four shirts and a pair of pants. So there.

4 Comments:

  • this weekend i bought a $20 game at the store, while buying extra envelopes for wedding invites and such. i felt SO guilty. i didn't really have that $20 to spend, but shawn said to just get it. i need to get something fun for myself once in a while. i never get myself anything, really. i feel too horrible about spending the money. even if it's a $10 paperback book.

    money depresses me. i wish it didn't exist or that i had enough of it that i didn't have to worry about what i spend. ;)

    By Blogger cat, at 7:45 AM, April 13, 2005  

  • Money does suck, I wish we had more too, but don't you ever wonder if there are different stresses that develop from having a lot of money? Just kidding. I just said that to make us feel better for being poor. :) You should splurge every once in awhile with out feeling guilty. Seriously every one deserves it.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:51 AM, April 13, 2005  

  • Oh...I've switched my vote from Bo to Constantine too! When he sang that Valentine Song...and then the Queen song....I was yipping and howling. I'm sure the neighbors thought we were having sex! Oh...I just LOVE him!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 10:17 PM, April 15, 2005  

  • I know, I loved the Queen song!!! That was awesome!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:19 AM, April 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home