Pink Sheets

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Playing Hooky

I'm home right now. I woke up late, I was having a bad hair day, I spilled coffee on my shirt, I was wearing an outfit I don't like and have vowed to never wear again, I felt nauseous. So I'm home. I plan on watching soaps, doing laundry, taking a nap and reading a book before I pick Riley and Darby up from school. Brian will come home, find out that I skipped work and chastise me for it, but I don't care. I didn't actually skip work. I went in for a couple of hours, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open and I'm being a baby. I don't feel well. Boohoo, poor me. Hmph!

I just looked up the word chastise and it means, to inflict punishment on (as by whipping). I thought it meant something else. Regardless, Brian will come home and chastise me for skipping work. Um, right. As if.

Every so often I watch the show Nanny 911 with the kids. For some reason they find it fascinating. I find it absurd. Not necessarily the concept of the show, but the parents. Who are these people that they let their children treat them that way. One little girl about five (Darby's age) threw a fit about something and threw a glass of water on her mom. WTF!!! I can't even imagine Darby ever doing anything remotely similar to that. The kids find it outrageous that the children act in this manner. Darby is always asking, "why are those kids so bad? Why do they do that?" She's even astounded by the behavior. It's hard to believe that parents let their kids walk all over them like that.

I also began watching that model show with Tyra Banks. I don't like that show so much. Those girls are catty. I know I can be catty at times, much more often than I like, but these girls are just bitches to each other. I'll probably still watch the show.

Hmm, I don't know any other crazy shows. I still watch American Idol every once in awhile. That one is getting old. For me at least. I'm sure there are millions of people out there that would disagree.

Alright, time for a nap.

3 Comments:

  • i guiltily watch america's next top model every week. it's sad. i don't even LIKE any of the girls this seaon. but you know what i like? when they do all the make over type things. i love that stuff.

    By Blogger cat, at 5:13 PM, April 05, 2005  

  • i was fortunate *cough* enough to see some of the auditions for your last american idol
    personally i'd far rather watch the auditions rather than the "idol" types. far more entertaining

    By Blogger Lou Lou, at 3:03 AM, April 06, 2005  

  • Cat, I agree I like the little projects they have to do. That's pretty interesting and I also like the elimination part. Tyra Banks just gets down to business. She doesn't sugar coat anything. I didn't think she would be so straight forward. I thought she'd be more like Paula.

    Lou Lou, you're right about the auditions being the best part. Those and the final few are pretty interesting. And yes, I am reading into your sarcasm. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:25 AM, April 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home