Pink Sheets

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

More Like Yesterday

I hate how songs can have such an effect on your emotions. I hate when I hear a song and it brings up memories from years ago that make me cringe in disgust. I can’t even name the particular song I heard this morning, but when I heard it I wanted to freak out. I immediately turned the station so that I wouldn’t. Why does that happen? Argh!!!

This goes along with the previous post. I have all this time to sit and think on my way to work. When one of these dreadful songs comes on the radio, I sit there and fume over events that happened over a year and sometimes two years ago. It takes a few moments to catch myself doing this. Then I realize this song is bringing back horrible memories and I tell myself that those things happened forever ago, they’re in the past, don’t be stupid. And I go on my way thinking about my regular, everyday, CURRENT life. Like, what I should make for dinner tonight, enchiladas or tater tot casserole? I think tater tot casserole because Brian and I went to Corona Village, a Mexican restaurant, for lunch yesterday and I’m not ready for Mexican again. Or I hope that Chloe doesn’t have another accident on the floor today, because for some reason she’s been doing that a lot lately. And I think that I should try and not be so grouchy in the morning, though I can’t help it. I also thought about how Brian couldn’t sleep this morning so he got up with me to take a shower, which he rarely does. However, he always wants me to sit by him on the bed while I’m blow drying my hair. I think about how that is so weird and yet kind of sweet. I think, maybe today I should just turn the car around, go home, go back to bed for a little while and pick the kids up early from school. Then I think, nah. I’m already taking Friday off. I just need to work a couple of more days. By this time I’m practically to work and I think, “God, I have to get out of my car, lock it, enter the building with my swipey card, get on the elevator, go to the 4th floor, put my stuff in my office, and e-mail Amanda before I can get my coffee. That’s too long to wait!!!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home