Pink Sheets

Friday, March 11, 2005

What Love Is This?

I underestimated his love for her. I didn't believe the love he felt was real love. I thought it was fake. I thought his heart could only belong to one. I thought I was the only one. I was wrong. Everything I believed was a sham. I had deluded myself into thinking that his love for her was superficial,based purely on appearance. And I was wrong.

I have come to learn how the love developed. It didn't take long for him to fall head over heals. From what I understand it was practically love at first sight. The minute he saw her he knew she was for him. The more time they spent together made that love stronger. He came to appreciate her quirks, her demeanor. Even when she was headstrong he wanted to work with her and make it right. Should I be upset? Should I be jealous? Uh, no! Duh! She's a dog.

I never thought he would come to love a puppy, especially after the Beagle experience. He does. He loves her, as do I. She is sweet and eager to please. She wants to learn, yet she wants her independence. She knows how to get our attention when need be. She loves her bed. She plays and sleeps outside without problems when we're away. She is, for us, perfect. And I have posted more pics on our photoblog of her. Our sweet Chloe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home