Pink Sheets

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Happy Easter

We're getting ready for Easter. Easter is an okay holiday, but definitely not my favorite. I even like Valnetine's Day better than Easter. That probably has to do with the fact that I don't get prizes for Easter. Only the kids do. Spoiled brats!!! Just kidding. Actually, we'll buy them a ton of candy, they'll be able to eat of few pieces tomorrow and the rest will be stored on top of the fridge where they'll never see it again. Seriously, there's Easter candy from last year still up there. We're mean. I don't know why we don't let them finish it. We never do. I think we ate the majority of their Christmas candy.

I'm also making a ham tonight for dinner. It will be my first ham. I hope it turns out wonderfully. I made a prime rib for Brian and I on Christmas. It was our first Christmas alone and everything was splendid. It should be fine. I'm not the best cook, but I hold my own.

The kids have been so cute this week. Before bed Darby makes sure to give the boys hugs after we read Harry Potter and she has to retire to her room. "Jordan hugs. Goodnight." They hug. Friday night I think the hug must have been too long because after a few moments she told Jordan, "Alright Jordan, I have to go to bed now. I'm really tired." He let go of her and said, "well, I didn't see that coming." Then she does the same with Riley and Riley reminds her to say her prayers.

That's the bedtime ritual. After that has been accomplished everyone can sleep soundly and Brian and I don't see them again until the next morning. It's amazing how long it's taken us to get to this point. We don't ever have midnight visitors anymore. There are no sleepless nights for any of the kids. No one cries because they can't sleep with us. It's nice to have them go straight to bed and we get an hour or two every night to just spend with each other.

I really should be getting ready. I have to leave for the Easter party in two hours. Happy Easter all!

2 Comments:

  • i never really liked Easter. being born and raised catholic it just meant LOTS of church when i could have been home playing or eating chocolate. ha!

    plus i had to give something up for lent! that's torture for little kiddies! of course my parents used to hid our easter goodies around on easter morning. i always thought that was sort of lame.

    this is why i don't do any of that stuff any more. hee. i like easter because at my current job i get a four day weekend. huzzah!

    By Blogger cat, at 2:47 PM, March 26, 2005  

  • Hey, Cat!! I hadn't heard from you in awhile. I was so happy to see THREE commnents in my inbox!!! Luckily for us Easter is all about the candy and goodies and Easter egg making. Nothing religious in it for us. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:31 AM, March 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home