Pink Sheets

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Staying Healthy and Boyfriend Stealing

It's Tuesday night. Brian's school night. Usually about now I would be sitting down with a beer to watch a couple of shows that aren't very good, but I'm not. Instead I'm upstairs messing around on the internet, the news on in the background.

Brian and I have sworn off alcohol--for now. We're trying to be more healthy and every diet out there always tells you to cut out the alcohol. Not that we're necessarily on a diet, but we figure it must be a pretty important step to staying healthy. I have not had any alcohol for a couple of weeks now and I have been taking my multi-vitamin for several months. I mostly take it for the calcium because I don't like milk. I don't get nearly enough calcium, thus the multi-vitamin. Plus, at my last yearly, my doctor insisted that I take folic acid. "Even though you don't plan to get pregnant, accidents happen. You need to take folic acid." So I do, to appease my doctor and so that at my next appointment I can go in and say, "yes I have been taking my folic acid". No more lecture.

I also have this annoying song in my head. I'm not sure why I even let myself listen to it on the way home. I don't like the song nor the artist. The song is called Homewrecker by Gretchen Wilson. It's absolutely asinine. First of all, why is she so upset about a hot girl? Jealous perhaps? Why is she so worried this hot girl is going to take her man? Are they having problems? She sounds a little insecure to me. Just because a cute girl talks to your significant other doesn't mean she's trying to steal him away. And if she did want to steal him away and succeeded there are some serious issues in that relationship. She's taking it out on the wrong person. No man can honestly be lured by a women to do things he doesn't want to do. Maybe she should trust her boyfriend or husband or whomever she's singing about to tell this girl he's not interested. And if he doesn't it's obvious where that relationship is going, which is nowhere.

Anyway, I'm positive that girls talk to Brian while he's at school and while I may delude myself into believing I am prettier than any of them could possibly be (even though I know that probably isn't the case) I never for one second believe they're out to get him. And if they are out to get him, I put a lot of trust in Brian that he is not out for the taking. The song is just ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home