Pink Sheets

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Vacation Time

This has been the longest week of my life. It is just dragging along, hardly going anywhere. I'm so happy it's almost over. Not that it's been bad, just long and work has been repetitive. I've been doing the same thing every day this week. It's horrible. I wish I had more time off, but I don't. I only have my measly sixteen days, which includes sick days, and the regular holidays. I'm saving as much time off as possible for the end of the year, which I've decided will be five days. With the time I've already used in the first couple of months of the year I only have seven days left to distribute through November. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm trying not to take any time off this month, but that's proving to be difficult. I just want to stay home one day during the week and do nothing. But that's a waste of a day off.

At least I'm salary. That makes life pretty nice, as long as you don't take advantage. There are all these rules about when you can leave without taking hours out of our time off and when it counts. If I need to go to a doctor's appointment or hair appointment or any appointment for that matter I don't need to use time off. When my children's school calls and I need to pick them up because they aren't feeling well, that doesn't count towards time off. When I come in to work and start to feel sick I don't have to take away hours from time off to go home and rest. It's just free. Sort of. I suppose nothing is for free. That's where the not taking advantage of the flexibility comes in I assume. Hmph!

Just two more years at my job and I get an extra five days. Woohoo!! I know, how sad for me. I work at a place I enjoy and I get to come home to a Brian and a cute little puppy and every other week I get spend the evening doing things with people aged eight and under. Wow, my life really sucks. Geez!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home