Pink Sheets

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Silly Dreams

Last night before Brian and I fell asleep we were talking about skunks. I know, it’s weird pillow talk, however we were sleeping with the window open and I could smell a skunk outside. So, I was talking about skunks and Brian was trying to sleep. Anyway, this morning I remember the most curious dream.

We were all home (kids included) getting ready for Darby’s birthday party. So people were about to arrive at our house at any moment. Riley comes out of his and Jordan’s bedroom and says they need help putting something in their Game Cube. I go in the room to help them, which isn’t really their room but rather Darby’s room, and start to help them with their game. All of a sudden Riley and Jordan start running around the room, horse playing and screaming like crazy kids. I immediately begin to panic. “Stop it you two,” I shout. “The skunk is under the dresser.” (The boys don’t have a dresser in their room either. I’m not sure where it came from.) “You’re going to freak her out. You need to stop running around.” I turn to see the skunk scurry up the wall behind the dresser, extremely agitated. Right when the skunk was about to round the corner out the door I hear, “BEEEP, BEEEP!” My alarm went off. I narrowly missed being sprayed by a skunk. Ugh!

Why we had a skunk I have no idea. And if we did have a skunk, I would hope we had the sense (no pun intended) to have her de-scented for heaven sakes.

4 Comments:

  • i have wanted a pet skunk since i can remember. when i was really little we went to this discovery museum in vermont and they had this cute little skunk. i fell in love.

    apparently they make good pets and are trainable and can be trained to use a litter box, too.

    i would, of course, name him Flower like in bambi (which i have never actually seen but i know the part where he meets the skunk...).

    By Blogger cat, at 1:15 PM, April 19, 2005  

  • How funny, Flower was one of the skunks we were (well I) was talking about last night. Flower is so cute!!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1:18 PM, April 19, 2005  

  • You guys are so lucky. In Arizona...50% of the skunks have rabies. We run from them.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:39 AM, April 20, 2005  

  • Oh my God!! I never imagined I would be afraid of a state, but after your post and now this I think I may be avoiding Arizona!! Good luck down there and I hope you live to a ripe old age, without being murdered in your sleep by crazy creatures. :)

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:23 PM, April 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home