Pink Sheets

Friday, April 29, 2005

Blah, Blah, Blah

I feel like I want to post something, however I am tapped out of things to write about. I wish I had something but I don’t. We did go to my second doctor appointment yesterday afternoon. It was pretty quick. I was weighed and we listened to the heartbeat and the doctor told us that everything looks great. That’s it.

Jordan went with us and he was able to hear the heartbeat. I’m not sure he was too impressed. He was, however, pretty interested in hearing his own heartbeat. And I think he believes the baby lives in my heart now. He was tired last night so I’m not sure if that’s what he meant exactly, but that’s what it sounded like. I want Darby to be able to go with me to an appointment too. I think she would think that was pretty interesting. As long as it’s a getting weighed and listening to the heartbeat appointment with no extras, if you know what I mean.

Jordan is also under the impression that he is going to be helping his dad make two cribs. One for a girl baby and one for a boy baby. I suppose he thinks that Darby will have a sister and he and Riley will have a brother. But, fortunately for me and Brian, we will only be having one or the other. There’s only one heartbeat. Whew!!!

This whole pregnancy thing has put my emotions on a roller coaster ride. I am so grouchy with some people. Usually I can hide my distaste for people pretty well, however, the last couple of months I’ve been such a bitch. I hate it. People can send me off my rocker with a wrong look. Usually they do something more than look at me wrong, but if they did I would probably freak out. We are soon moving downstairs to be put in closer working quarters so they can lease out part of the building. (This is annoying in and of itself, but it’s a little off my point so maybe I’ll explain in another post.) Anyway, we’re moving downstairs out of our offices to smaller cubes. Sort of what I started out with when I first started working for this company. At first I was upset about the smaller cubes, but I’m over that. Now I’m more concerned about how I’m going to cope being so close to certain co-workers. I hope I don’t completely lose my mind, though I can’t make any promises.

Anyway, I hate that I’m writing being pregnant so much, but it’s kind of a big deal. Right? I’ll try not to dwell on it too much. I’m going to be more fascinating soon, I just know it.

5 Comments:

  • this is your blog and you are pregnant.. so you write about it all the time!!!

    and write about how it feels to have something spawning in your belly. that is the part that freaks me out.. what if you roll onto your stomach while sleeping.. don't you suffocate it???? ew.

    By Blogger cat, at 10:02 AM, April 29, 2005  

  • Thank you!!! Now I don't feel like such a dope. :) Um, the spawn in the belly is sort of creepy and yes, I'll keep you updated on the growth. It doesn't get too exciting or creepy until about 5 months when movement begins. And I don't think you can suffocate the baby, however, sleeping on your tummy usually isn't an option after a certain point.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 10:21 AM, April 29, 2005  

  • Spawn? Ha! That cracked me up! My hubby never liked the castle of pillows in our bed after month 6! Take care mommy!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 4:48 PM, April 29, 2005  

  • You should def. feel free to write about being pregnant all you want. Hello, big deal?! Besides, it's really interesting, and only a little bit scary, to those of us who haven't had kids but would at least theoretically like to. Congratulations, BTW! It's very exciting news! And go with the blog cliffhangers ... The latent soap opera addict in me is a sucker for cliffhangers. You should write for "Guiding Light."

    By Blogger Marguerite, at 8:42 AM, May 03, 2005  

  • Thank you Marguerite! Alright, I am destined to blog, blog, blog about the pregnancy so to help you all cope I will make it as interesting and detailed as possible. Thanks guys, for all the support!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 9:41 AM, May 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home