Pink Sheets

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What Day Is It?

I feel like I might be having bad karma. I have been having negative thoughts about people lately, no one close to me, but nonetheless, it’s not good to think badly of others. I just need to take a breath and relax. Ahh, much better.

I can’t wait for this weekend. This is what I hate about having an office job. You turn into one of those people that talk about Friday and Monday in terms of good and bad days rather than just normal days like non-office working folk. When I come into work on Friday and ride the elevator to my office everyone talks about how, “it’s a good thing it’s Friday, I don’t think I could take another day at work.” “What a relief, it’s Friday.” “Having a bad morning? It’s okay because it’s Friday.” Then the opposite discussion happens on Monday. “Oh no, it’s Monday again.” “What a drag, another Monday.” “I can’t believe it’s only Monday.” Of course, there’s also the middle of the week banter, “Is it Friday yet?” “I can’t believe it’s only Wednesday, when is Friday going to get here?” It’s all so sad.

However, this weekend should be super fun, and it’s a three day weekend (another reason for office people to get excited). We are just going to hang out in the mountains doing absolutely nothing and although we do nothing it’s always exhausting and I can’t wait. You have no idea how badly I need this break.

Speaking of taking a break, I am pretty sure I’m taking the week of July 11th off. It’s not set in stone, but I think it’s pretty certain as long as all goes well. A whole week of laying in the sun, going swimming and eating too much food. It will be fabulous. No phone calls from dumb carriers, no office irritations, no co-worker drama, just fun. Yippee!!!

Other news: the American Idol finale is tonight. I know everyone is sooo excited. I’m not too excited. I couldn’t care less who wins, because it won’t matter. They’ll both end up with some kind of deal I’m sure. My favorite is Bo. He is so cool, not hot or cute, but definitely cool. That’s all I have today. Happy Wednesday.

2 Comments:

  • You know...being home all day..during the summer...I never know what day it is. It's all a blur until....SEPT. when school starts again! Then I'm dancing in the driveway!

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 9:47 AM, May 28, 2005  

  • I miss those days. I remember in the summer, while going to school, when I couldn't remember if it was Monday or Friday, and I really didn't care. Oh to have those days back.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6:48 AM, May 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home