Pink Sheets

Friday, June 03, 2005

The Past, Present, And Future (Not In That Order)

I don’t have much to write about, but I really feel like posting something. So here it goes. Yesterday I had an intense craving for nachos. I called Brian and told him we need to make nachos for dinner. He said it would be cheaper to go buy nachos than it would be to make them, so we headed off to Applebee’s after I returned home from work. It was so yummy. They have delicious nachos.

Brian also had a huge beer with our dinner. I can’t remember the size, but they call it a brutus or something like that. I had a Dr. Pepper. Hmph! I have now been completely sober for almost three months. This is actually amazing considering there has been the Mother’s Day BBQ and the Memorial Day trip to the cabin. Plus those few trips to Brian’s parent’s house, were I am usually offered as many beers as one could possibly drink. His dad never leaves me without a drink in my hand. Even when I decline saying, “oh, no I shouldn’t. Brian doesn’t think we should drink that much tonight.” He simply gives me a new beer and tells me we won’t tell Brian. It’s a fun little game. It’s not that I want to drink, because the thought makes me somewhat ill, it’s just that I can’t. I hate not being able to do something. Geez!! I can’t wait until the Christmas parties. I will be such a light weight by then. Two drinks and I’ll probably be done. This I am not looking forward to.

After we ate we drove out to a new neighborhood a few miles from our current home to look at the houses. We do this every so often. House hunt. We don’t plan on moving for 1-2 years, but looking at houses is so much fun. The subdivision we drove to looked a little out of our price range, but it’s okay to dream, right? Plus, it was pretty far out and I have a feeling we’re going to be looking for a house closer to where Brian’s parents live. You know, so they can watch the baby.

It’s weird thinking of all these changes that are going to take place. Brian and I use to not discuss future plans a week in advance and now we talk in terms of decades. It’s weird to comprehend sometimes. We talk about how our next house can just be a run of the mill, cookie cutter house, as long as it’s big enough for six people and a dog and after the kids move out we can look into the dream home. The nice house, the better than a cookie cutter house that is designed to our specifications. Do you know how many years it will be when the last child is no longer at home? Potentially 18-20 years. Well, I can only hope. However, if we just wait until the current youngest moves out that’s only what, 13-15 years. Not too bad.

Speaking of kids, we are free of them this weekend. Not that I don’t like them around because I really do, it’s just I’m happy to have this weekend free. Off to the mountains we go to do absolutely nothing. Sort of like last weekend, but like I said before, this time we’ll be kid-free. It will be nice.

2 Comments:

  • Kid Free. I would love to be Kid Free even for a day! Since we don't live near family...we've never had that. But the trade off is...we don't get sucked into the family drama! I love going to model homes. Seeing new ways to place furniture...colors being used. It's fun! Maybe next year we'll roam again...but right now..I've got my hands full.

    By Blogger Envoy-ette, at 7:07 AM, June 04, 2005  

  • Yes, it's a blessing and a curse all at the same time. Most of the time I'm happy we have our family so close. The other times, not so much. :)

    And yes, you should be busy for awhile after your move. I am envious.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7:24 AM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home